Richard F. Zimmerman, Jr.
Richard is a member of Butler Snow’s litigation department and practices within the Commercial Litigation Group.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Louisiana, 1981
- U.S. District Courts
- Louisiana: Middle, Eastern, Western
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- AV® – Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Commercial Litigation, 2008-2022
- Litigation – Labor and Employment, 2011-2022
- Louisiana State University, J.D., 1981
- Order of the Coif
- Louisiana Law Review, Managing Editor
- Louisiana State University, B.S., Accounting, magna cum laude, 1978
- Richard has handled significant cases in a wide range of matters, including contract disputes, employment matters, banking, probate and wills, minerals, personal injury, and construction. He handled the case which established the “single business enterprise” doctrine in Louisiana. The largest ruling that he has obtained is a $474 million arbitration award for the State of Louisiana against FEMA arising out of damages to Charity Hospital in New Orleans caused by Hurricane Katrina.