Ben J. Scott
Ben is a member of the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare Group with a practice focused on drug and device litigation, general litigation, commercial litigation and professional liability.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Tennessee, 2004
- Mississippi, 2004
- U.S. District Courts
- Tennessee: Western
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2004
- Executive Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Moot Court Board
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., English, 2000
- Mary Christine Lorenz v. Federal Express Corp., U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia; summary judgment for defendant (2012 U.S. Dist. Lexis 116464).
- Linda Smith v. Federal Express Corp., Chancery Court of Hamilton County, Tennessee (first chair trial counsel); jury verdict for defendant (2011).
- Assisted trial team in Robinson v. McNeil Consumer Healthcare, et al.; United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, 2009.
- Howard Johnson, Inc. v. Holyfield, 2009 WL 1349197 (Tenn. Ct. App., 2009).
- Assisted trial team in Zundel v. Johnson & Johnson, et al.; Superior Court of New Jersey Law Division: Middlesex County, New Jersey, 2009.
- Zoroufie v. Lance, Inc., 2008 WL 2669105 (W.D. Tenn., 2008).
- Author, “Good Result Under Apex Doctrine,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 8 No. 3, December 2015.
- Chapter Author, "Litigators on Experts: Strategies for Managing Expert Witnesses from Retention through Trial," (W.G. Couture & A.W. Haynes eds., ABA Publishing, 2010).
- Author, “Case v. Law: A Multi-State Survey Concerning Recognition of Medical Monitoring Claims,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 2. No. 4, October 2009.
- Author, "Lone Pine Orders: A Defense Perspective," ABA Mass Torts Newsletter, Fall 2009.
- Author, "Obtaining Your First Temporary Restraining Order and Injunction," American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 201 Practice Series: Beyond the Basics, July 2009.
- Author, “Putting the Horse Back in Front of the Cart – Lone Pine Orders in Multi-Plaintiff Pharmaceutical Litigation,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 2, No. 2, April 2009.
- Co-Author, "Recent Developments and ‘Hot Topics,’" International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Corporate Counsel College, 2009.
- Author, “Mass Torts In A World of Settlements,” Pro Te: Solution, Vol. 1, No. 3, July 2008.
- Co-Author, "Consolidation: Tempering the Temptation for Judicial Economy," ABA Section of Litigation Trial Practice Journal, Vol. 22, No. 3, Summer/Fall 2008. More...
- Co-Author, "Cross-Examining the Personal Injury Plaintiff" Defense Research Institute (DRI) Annual Conference of Young Lawyers Division, 2006.
- Author, "Order in the Court: Judicial Stability and Democratic Success in Haiti," 37 Vand. J. Transnat’l L. 555, 2004.