Firm ranked 10th nationally, first in Southeast and first in Mississippi for bond counsel work
Refinitiv, one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, has recognized Butler Snow LLP among the nation’s top firms for public finance in its recent 2021 Municipals Market Analysis. The award-winning law firm earned their highest-ever rankings and have placed in the Top 15 nationally in 10 of the 15 categories, highlighting Butler Snow’s continued leadership and expansive expertise. For its bond counsel work, the firm ranked 10th nationally, first in the Southeast region with $5.9 billion in volume and first in Mississippi with $1.9 billion in volume.
- Bond Counsel: 10th (previously 16th)
- Negotiated Bond Counsel: 10th (previously 18th)
- Underwriter Counsel: 14th (previously 19th)
- Disclosure Counsel: 15th (previously 21st)
- Long & Short-Term Bond Counsel: 10th (previously 16th)
- Long & Short-Term Underwriter Counsel: 14th (previously 19th)
- Long & Short-Term Disclosure Counsel: 15th (previously 21st)
- Private Bond Counsel: 6th (previously 7th)
- Private Counsel: 15th (previously 9th)
- Green Bond Counsel: 3rd (previously 33rd)
“We’re pleased to announce that our Public Finance team has earned their highest rankings to date,” said [professional id=”2470″], Chair of Butler Snow LLP. “This team is extraordinarily dedicated to the work they do and the clients and communities they serve across the country and these rankings demonstrate that.”
The firm’s public finance practice also ranked across two regions and five states in the rankings for bond counsel.
Regional and State Bond Counsel Rankings
- Southeast Region: 1st with $5.9 billion in volume
- Southwest Region: 7th with $3.6 billion in volume
- Mississippi: 1st with $1.9 billion in volume
- Colorado: 2nd with $3.6 billion in volume
- Alabama: 2nd with $2.2 billion in volume
- Louisiana: 3rd with $666 million in volume
- Georgia: 4th with $715 million in volume
Butler Snow offers a comprehensive and diverse public finance practice ranging from all forms of state and municipal bonds and obligations to the full complement of techniques available to finance or refinance a wide array of projects. The group, which is made up of more than 45 attorneys, works collaboratively to find innovative financing solutions to support governmental, health care, industrial/economic development, public-private partnerships, exempt facilities, utilities, public and private educational institutions, housing and other developments and nonprofit institutions. Butler Snow’s attorneys play several roles in public finance as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, underwriter counsel and more making bond financing an integral practice to the firm’s clients.
Refinitiv is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, serving over 40,000 institutions in over 190 countries. Published by The Bond Buyer, Refinitiv based its rankings and volume totals on a variety of self-reported statistics. The rankings signify how active firms are in the public finance space and provide a listing of the busiest public finance firms in the country from Jan. 1, 2021 to Dec. 31, 2021.