Richard M. Dye
Rick is a member and former Practice Group Leader for the Tort, Transportation and Specialized Litigation Group (formerly known as General Litigation Group). He represents companies, businesses, property owners, individuals, and insurers defending various types of personal injury and product liability claims throughout the United States.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Mississippi, 1998
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- 8th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- AV® – Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2012-2019
- Product Liability Litigation – Defendants, 2018-2019
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, General Litigation, 2013-2018
- Mid-South Rising Stars, General Litigation, 2008-2012
- University of Mississippi, J.D., cum laude, 1998
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A., Banking and Finance, summa cum laude, 1995
- Trial counsel for a manufacturer of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in successful defense of case alleging that PCBs caused plaintiffs’ cancer.
- Member of nationwide defense team for a medical device manufacturer in the defense of product liability claims throughout the United States.
- Representation of a major foundation repair company defending various construction-related claims filed in Mississippi.
- Trial of over 20 cases to verdict.
- Extensive experience with arbitration and mediation.
- 106 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 147 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers®, 18 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- 102 Butler Snow Attorneys List in 2015 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 117 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Co-Author, "United States: The Legality and Advantages of Construction Management," Mondaq Business Briefing, November 2010.