Kevin A. White
Kevin represents financial institutions, healthcare organizations, educational institutions, governmental entities, public utilities and transportation infrastructure providers, and private businesses in transactions involving tax-exempt bonds, tax credits and other incentives. He also provides advice to businesses on purchases and sales, leasing, distribution and licensing.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Virginia, 2004
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Banking and Finance Law, 2020-2021
- Project Finance Law, 2020-2021
- Virginia's Legal Elite, Virginia Business Magazine, 2011-2017
- Volunteer of the Year, Greater Richmond Bar Association, 2010
- Adjunct Professor, Randolph-Macon College, 2010
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2004
- Lead Articles Editor, Washington and Lee Law Review, 2003
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Certificate of Public Management, 2001
- Randolph-Macon College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1999
- Serves as bond counsel to state and local government issuers in connection with general obligation, lease revenue, utility system, and transportation facility bond transactions.
- Serves as bond counsel for several regional hospital systems.
- Represents continuing care retirement communities in public offerings and private placements of tax-exempt bonds.
- Serves as bank counsel in direct loans to local governments and 501(c)(3) organizations, and as underwriter's counsel in public offerings of bonds.
- Advises clients on interest rate swaps and other derivative transactions.
- Represents parties to Public-Private Partnerships.
- Represents parties in M&A, business partnership, and sales/distribution contracts.
- Author, "The SEC Eyes Climate Change Disclosures," PFI Blog, March 8, 2021.
- Co-Author, “Special Purpose Public Authorities: Esoteric, Yet Essential, Arms of Government,” Virginia State Bar Local Government Section, Journal of Local Government Law, Vol. XXX, No. 2, Spring 2020.
- Author, "Government Disclosures to Bondholders Face Greater Scrutiny," Journal of Local Government Law, Vol. XXIV, No. 1, Summer 2013.