John J. Healy III
- Practice Group Leader, Business Services Group
Johnny has represented buyers and sellers in business acquisitions in a multitude of industries, including: software/technology, medical device, building supply, retail, advertising and manufacturing concerns. He currently serves as Practice Group Leader for the Business Services Group.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Mississippi, 1994
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- The Best Lawyers in America®,
- Lawyer of the Year, Copyright Law, (Jackson, MS), 2015, 2019
- Copyright Law, 2011-2019
- Trademark Law, 2011-2019
- Patent Law, 2011-2019
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, Business/Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions, 2013-2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State’s Business Reform Committees – Trademarks, 2008
- Assistant & Associate National Bank Examiner, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, 1987-1991
- University of Mississippi, J.D., 1994
- Editor-in-Chief, Mississippi Law Journal
- Mississippi State University, B.B.A., Banking and Finance, 1987
- General Counsel to Cooperative Association of Tractor Dealers, Inc, a captive funding company owned by independent heavy equipment dealers; represents the Cooperative in structured financing transactions with its members and all corporate matters.
- Mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations in a multitude of industries, including technology, healthcare, wholesalers, retail, and manufacturing.
- Special counsel to numerous county governments in connection with the sale or long-term lease of community hospitals to private operators.
- Intellectual property matters, focusing primarily on licensing, prosecution of federal and state trademark applications and copyright law.
- Counsel to private businesses in capital formation, organization and business planning.
- Local Counsel of independent power producers in connection with acquisitions, sales and financing of facilities located in Mississippi.