Jefferson K. B. Stancill
Jeff is a business attorney with a primary focus on advising financial institutions and companies that do business with financial institutions.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Mississippi, 2012
- Alabama, 2006
- Tulane University, J.D., cum laude, 2006
- Managing Editor, Tulane Journal of International and Comparative Law
- University of Mississippi, B.A., History, 2003
- M&A and Corporate Finance.
- With broad experience in mergers and acquisitions, offerings of and investments in debt and equity securities, and private equity transactions, Jeff routinely advises boards of directors and senior managers on significant transactions and critical events in the life cycle of their business. Recent experience includes:
- Counsel for FNC, Inc. in its $400 million acquisition by CoreLogic.
- Debtor’s counsel for Simply Wheelz, LLC in its divestiture of Advantage Car Rental, the fourth largest American car rental company.
- Counsel for a consumer lender in a $64 million private equity transaction.
- Counsel for numerous financial institutions in capital planning and sales of stock.
- Commercial Finance and Real Estate
- Jeff routinely advises lenders and borrowers on credit transactions and on the sales of performing and non-performing loans, including the following recent transactions:
- Counsel to financial institutions in the sales of residential mortgages and commercial loans, totaling over 70 individual transactions and aggregate proceeds exceeding $800 million.
- Lender’s counsel in a $35 million loan to a shipbuilder.
- Lender’s counsel in a $25 million loan secured by agricultural land in five states.
- Lender’s counsel in a $23 million loan secured by timberland.
- Borrower’s counsel in a $25 million loan to a healthcare provider.
- Banking and Bank Regulation
- With a primary focus on representing banks and other financial institutions, Jeff frequently advises financial institutions on state and federal bank regulatory and capital matters. During the financial crisis, he handled Troubled Asset Relief Program and Small Business Lending Fund transactions. He is a frequent author and contributor for the Mississippi Regulatory Compliance Group and the Mid-South Regulatory Compliance Group, two cooperatives of over 80 banks that share in the cost of bank regulatory advice.
- Author, “Directors’ Responsibilities: A Brief Refresher,” Alabama Bankers Association Board Briefs, March/April 2016.
- Speaker, “M&A Roadblocks,” Alabama Bankers Association CEO, Executive Management, and Directors Conference, August 2015.
- Regular Speaker and Contributor, Mississippi and Mid-South Regulatory Compliance Groups
- Speaker, "Buy, Sell, or Survive," Mississippi and Tennessee Bankers Associations CEO/Executive Management Conference, October 2012.
- Quoted, "Mississippi bankers brace for change as Basel III's New World Order nears," Mississippi Business Journal, September 2012.
- Co-Author, "Advice for Bank Directors: The Buck Stops Here," Banking Traditions, 2009.
- Author, "Fine Tuning Securities Fraud: What a Fight Over Cable Boxes Means for the Defense Bar," 24 ALA. DEF. LAW. ASSOCIATION J. 25, 2008.
- Author, "Mending Fences: The Real Purpose of the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004," 13 TUL. J. INT’L & COMP. L. 421, 2005.