Bradley C. Mayhew
Mr. Mayhew serves clients with his expertise in a variety of matters including: mergers and acquisitions, business reorganizations, business structure and capitalization, business and commercial transactions, financial services, commercial lending, real estate law, estate administration, estate and trust planning, corporate and partnership taxation, and aviation law.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Civic Involvement
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Alabama, 1994
- U.S. District Courts
- Alabama: Northern
- U.S. Tax Court
- Urban Ministry, Inc., Board of Directors, 2013-present
- New York University, LL.M., Taxation, 1995
- University of Alabama, J.D., 1994
- University of Alabama, B.S., Accounting, summa cum laude, 1991
- Extensive experience in representing local and regional banks with equipment finance and equipment leasing, including the financing and leasing of aircraft.
- Advises lenders on aircraft financing issues arising under Federal Aviation Administration regulations, the Capetown Convention on International Interests in Mobile Assets, the Aircraft Protocol, and the International Registry of Mobile Objects in Dublin, Ireland.
- Represents public and privately held businesses with organizational and structuring issues, mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, site selection, financing, and real estate transactions.
- Experienced in resolution of federal, state, and local tax matters, including assessments of state and local taxes by private auditing and collecting firms.
- Assists individuals needing guidance in estate planning, business succession planning, estate administration, business start-ups, and choice-of-entity issues.
- Represents publicly-traded REITs in the acquisition and disposition of retail shopping centers and office complexes.
- Represents publicly-traded REITs in the negotiation of retail leases with national chains and big-box retailers and grocers.
- 198 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021
- Bradley C. Mayhew Reelected to Alabama Federal Tax Clinic Board of Directors
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- 147 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers®, 18 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Bradley C. Mayhew Appointed to the Board of Directors of the Alabama Federal Tax Clinic
- Firm Ranked #2 for "2016 Healthiest Employers" by BBJ
- 18 Lawyers From Dwindling Johnston Barton Join Birmingham, Ala., Office of Butler Snow
- Author, "Divorce Trusts: Best Practices for Estate and Gift Tax," Inside the Minds: Best Practices for Structuring Trusts and Estates, (Thompson Reuters 2012).
- Author, "Site Selection: Evaluating and Exploiting Workers’ Compensation Data," Business Xpansion Journal (2003).