Elizabeth E. Chance
Betsy focuses her practice on appellate and written advocacy and drug and device litigation.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Tennessee, 1989
- U.S. District Courts
- Tennessee: Western
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Fellow, Memphis Bar Foundation
- AV®- Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, 2014-2017
- University of Tennessee, J.D., with honors, 1989
- National Moot Court Team
- Moot Court Board
- University of Tennessee, B.A., Political Science, with honors, 1985
- Ward v. Lincoln Elec. Co., 2014 N.Y. Slip Op. 02668 (1st Dept. April 17, 2014) .
- University Corp. v. Wring, 2012 Tenn. App. LEXIS 645 (Tenn. Ct. App. Sept. 18, 2012).
- City of Memphis v. Gilliland, 391 S.W. 3d 60 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2012), perm. app. denied, Jan. 9, 2013.
- Vraney v. Medical Specialty Clinic, P.C., 2013 Tenn. App. LEXIS 587 (Tenn. Ct. App. Sept. 9, 2013).
- Vintage Health Resources, Inc. v. Guiangan, 309 S.W. 3d 448 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2009), perm. app. denied, Feb. 22, 2010.
- State By and Through Pierotti ex rel. Boone v. Sundquist, 884 S.W. 2d 438 (Tenn. 1994).
- Buchanan v. City of Bolivar, Tenn., 99 F.3d 1352 (6th Cir. 1996).
- Ergon, Inc. v. Amoco Oil Co., 966 F. Supp. 577 (W.D. Tenn. 1997).
- Nelson v. Martin, 958 S.W. 2d 643 (Tenn. 1997). More...
- Ragsdale v. City of Memphis, 70 S.W. 3d 56 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2001).
- Honeycutt v. First Federal Bank, 278 F. Supp. 2d 893 (W.D. Tenn. 2003).
- Sanford v. Shea, 103 Fed. Appx. 878 (6th Cir. 2004).
- Gnesys, Inc. v. Greene, 437 F.3d 482 (6th Cir. 2005).
- Co-Author, “What Does Your Dismissal Without Prejudice Mean? – A 50 State Survey of Savings Statutes,” Guest Post – Drug & Device Law Blog, October 18, 2018.
- Co-Author, “What Does Your Dismissal Without Prejudice Mean? A 50-State Survey of Savings Statutes,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 11 No. 2, September 2018.