H. Barber Boone
Barber focuses his practice on commercial litigation issues including breach of contract, intellectual property, antitrust, and employment issues, as well as a variety of other types of commercial and environmental litigation. Barber’s practice includes matters with complex e-discovery issues, including records hold letters, handling issues relating identification, preservation and collection, managing the review and production of large volumes of documents, as well as analyzing large productions by opposing and third parties.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Mississippi, 2006
- Tennessee, 2006
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- District of Columbia
- AV®– Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, 2014-2017
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2017-2018
- Mid-South Rising Stars, Business Litigation, 2013-2016
- Mississippi Business Journal
- Top 50 Under 40, 2015
- University of Mississippi, J.D., summa cum laude, 2006
- Phi Delta Phi
- Vanderbilt University, B.S.E., Mechanical Engineering, 1999
- Represented Regional and National companies in disputes relating to breach of contract, intellectual property, antitrust, and employment issues, as well as a variety of other types of commercial litigation.
- Assisted client in emergency response to preserve and collect cell phone data of over fifty company employees.
- Represents companies in legacy environmental liability litigation, assisting in
identification, collection and review of legacy documents to identify documents for
- Extensive experience in high volume e-discovery matters, including the collection, processing, and review of tens of thousands of electronic documents as well as the design and execution of complex searches to identify potentially responsive documents.
- Represented insurance and other companies in resolving complex insurance disputes.
- Successfully represented individuals against professional malpractice and directors’ and officers’ liability claims.
- Consulted with large private companies and government agencies in developing software and improving business processes to align with companies’ and agencies’ growth, as a consultant for Accenture.
- Presenter, “E-Discovery Vendors 101: What Every Lawyer Should Know,” University of Mississippi E-Discovery CLE: Recent Developments & Trends, October 2015.
- Speaker, “Paralegals and the Use of Technology in Litigation,” Mississippi Paralegal Association Membership Meeting, January 2015.