OverviewAnn is an experienced Public Finance attorney with a focus in New Markets Tax Credits and bonds.
- Counsel to a financial institution for the renovation of historic buildings for use as hotel, commercial and residential rental properties through a combination of New Markets Tax Credits and the Gulf Opportunity Zone Bonds.
- Represented a community development entity in the structuring and negotiating of a New Markets Tax Credit loan for the renovation of an historic downtown building in Denver.
- Represented a community development entity with the financing of a medical facility using a combination of New Markets Tax Credit and Recovery Zone Facility Bonds.
- Represented a community development entity with a project to install solar panels on top of schools and government buildings which were paid for by a combination of New Markets Tax Credits, federal tax credits for solar energy and state rebates for alternative energy generation.
- Colorado, 1995
- New York, 1994
- California, 1996
- University of Denver, LL.M., Taxation, 2007
- New York University, LL.M., Trade Regulation, 1994
- Cornell University, J.D., cum laude, 1993
- Rice University, B.A., Economics and Policy Studies, 1990
Papers, Presentations & Publications
- Presenter, "Taking Advantage of New Markets Tax Credits," Lorman, 2021.
- Presenter, “Financing Projects with New Markets Tax Credits – Manufacturing Projects,” Butler Snow Spring Webinar Series, April 21, 2021.
- Co-Author, "Let’s Do The Math: Tax Credits Add Up To More Benefits for Charter Schools," The Journal of Tax Credits (May 2011, Volume II, Issue V).
- Author, "Investors Show Learning Curve With Tax Incentives for Schools," Colorado Real Estate Journal (March 16, 2011).
- Author, "Financing School Construction: The Tax Consequences of Stripping," Municipal Finance Journal (Summer 2009, Volume 30, Number 2).