Taylor B. Mayes
Taylor is an experienced trial attorney whose practice includes products liability defense, catastrophic personal injury defense, professional liability, and prosecution and defense of commercial disputes. He has tried, or assisted in the trial of, more than 25 jury trials to verdict across multiple different practice areas.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Tennessee, 1998
- U.S. District Courts
- Tennessee: Eastern, Middle, Western
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 6th Circuit
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2013-2015
- Mid-South Rising Stars, 2008-2012
- University of Tennessee, J.D., 1998
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1995
- Current/Recent Matters:
- National Coordinating Counsel for branded pharmaceutical manufacturer in coordinated state court proceedings in Missouri and Connecticut (2017).
- Lead Trial Counsel in the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, for one of the largest super market companies in connection with a wrongful death action involving a child and food allergens (2017).
- In Re Tylenol (Acetaminophen) Marketing, Sales Practices, and Product Liability Litigation (E.D. P.A) (2016).
- Jury Trials – Mr. Mayes has tried, or assisted in the trial of, over twenty (25) jury trials to verdict. Representative trials:
- Regina Jackson v. McNeil-PPC, Inc., and Johnson & Johnson, Inc., Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County, New Jersey, Docket No. ATL-L-880-13.
- Leeann Lemaster and husband, Donald Lemaster v. Alton L. Hunter, M.D., Maury County Circuit Court No. 12607.
- Alcyorn White, et al. v. Charles Haney, M.D., Giles County Circuit Court No. CC-10652.
- Bridgett Palmer v. Sumner Regional Health Systems, Inc., Sumner County Circuit Court. More...
- Gaynell Kemp v. National Medical Hospitals, d/b/a University Medical Center, Wilson County Circuit Court No. 2001 CV-559.
- Mark Hanley v. Andrew S. Boskind, M.D.¸ Sumner County Circuit Court.
- Malcom Shouse, as surviving husband of Patricia Shouse, deceased, v. Maury Regional Hospital, Maury County, Melanie Durham, PA, Dr. James Richardson and Mid-South Surgeons, Maury County Circuit Court No. 13178.
- Donna J. Johnson v. Sumner Regional Health Systems, Inc., Sumner County Circuit Court No. 2007-CV-29964.
- Marguerite Ann Wilson and husband, Donald T. Wilson v. Maury Regional Hospital, d/b/a Maury Regional Medical Center & Maury County, Tennessee, Maury County Circuit Court No. 14271.
- Gilbert Waters and wife, Hixie Waters v. Wesley Coker, M.D., Davidson County Circuit Court No. 01C-1443.
- Wanda D. Frierson and Kevrek M. Frierson, individually and on behalf of their daughter, Myia L. Frierson, a minor v. Francis A. Hawthorn, D.P.M., Davidson County Circuit Court No. 03C-81.
- Carlos A. Chavarria and Maria A. Chavarria v. Averitt Express, Inc. and Clarence Wilson, Obion County Circuit Court No. 9-268.
- Brian Padgett and Chelsea Padgett v. Kids Connection, Inc., Rutherford County Circuit Court No. 59319.