Selby A. Ireland
Sai has extensive experience counseling businesses dealing with a wide variety of antitrust issues, from pricing and distribution issues to issues relating to collaborations, joint ventures and acquisitions. He also represents buyers and sellers in business transfers, management buy-out transactions, and business reorganizations. Sai has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America and Mid-South Super Lawyers for his corporate law work.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Mississippi, 1990
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Law, 2022
- Lawyer of the Year, Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), 2018
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), 2012-2022
- Corporate Law, 2013-2022
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2017-2022
- Super Lawyers®
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Business/Corporate, 2013
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Corporate/Commercial, 2017-2021
- University of Mississippi, J.D., cum laude, 1990
- University of Mississippi, B.A., Accountancy, 1983
- Antitrust consulting and regulatory work in connection with product distribution issues and business transfers, joint ventures and other collaborations, including pre-merger notifications under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act.
- Extensive representation of buyers and sellers in business transfers in a wide variety of business and industry sectors, including small and mid-cap retail and wholesale distribution, transportation, automotive dealerships and manufacturing concerns.
- Representation (primarily of sellers) in management buy-out and other leveraged buy-out transactions involving private equity and strategic buyers, including the conduct of sales and auction processes.
- Business reorganizations in connection with business transfers and estate and succession planning and risk management efforts.
- Formation of various business entities and related corporate succession planning.
- 237 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022
- Chambers USA 2021 Ranks 47 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 198 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021
- Chambers USA 2020 Ranks 44 Butler Snow Attorneys and 15 Categories
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Chambers USA 2019 Ranks 44 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- Chambers USA 2017 Ranks 45 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 129 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers, 16 Named "Lawyer of the Year"
- 117 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- "IRS Proposes New ‘Audit Me’ Disclosure Requirement," Point Innovation, Spring 2010.