Ronald I. Loeb
Ronny practices in the firm’s Tax Group where he focuses on business planning and operations, estate administration, estate and trust planning, taxation law, executive compensation and employee welfare benefits.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Mississippi, 1980
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Trusts and Estates, 2005-2021
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- Ranked in Chambers HNW 2017-2020
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, Estate Planning and Probate, 2008-2013
- Adjunct Professor, Individual Tax Accounting I and Advance Accounting II, Mississippi State University
- New York University, LL.M., Taxation, 1981
- University of Mississippi, J.D., 1980
- University of North Carolina, B.A., History, 1977
- Represented numerous fiduciaries in the administration of various estates with probating the Will, obtaining appraisals, reviewing and completing estate tax returns and dealing with subsequent IRS audits.
- Represented numerous clients with closely held businesses in proper entity selection, establishment of the business entity, mergers and acquisitions and succession planning.
- Represented clients in establishing private foundations and funds at local universities to fund stadium improvements, scholarship programs and professorships.
- Represented medical practices with the admission and withdrawal of shareholders, partners and members, "S" corporation elections, fringe benefits and retirement planning.
- Represented clients designing their estate plans and drafting and preparing wealth transfer documents to accomplish such goals.
- 198 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021
- Chambers High Net Worth 2020 Recognizes Six Butler Snow Attorneys
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Chambers High Net Worth 2019 Recognizes 4 Butler Snow Attorneys
- Chambers High Net Worth 2018 Recognizes 4 Butler Snow Attorneys
- SmartBank to acquire Tuscaloosa, Alabama-based Capstone Bank - Spoke
- 117 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Butler Snow Selected as Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners’ 2013 North American Team of the Year Finalist
- Author, "Plan Amendment Deadline Extended For Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Arrangements," Planning Notes, November 2007.
- Author, "IRS and Treasury Department Issue Regulations on Section 409A or IRC," Planning Notes, August 2007.
- Author, "New Regs Establish Deadline for Implementing Nonqualified Deferred Compensation Plan Changes," High Points, June 2007.