Robert C. Hutchison
Robert is a member of our Finance, Real Estate and Restructuring Group. He focuses his practice on Real Estate Development and Finance, Corporate Governance, Mergers and Acquisitions and Commercial Finance.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Civic Involvement
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Mississippi, 1992
- Stewpot Community Services
- Goodwill Industries of Mississippi, Board of Directors, Former Member
- Boy Scouts of America, Troop 1 - Greater Jackson, Assistant Scoutmaster
- St. Andrew’s Episcopal School, Annual Fund Campaign, Chair
- TechJXN, Volunteer
- University of Mississippi, J.D., cum laude, 1992
- Symposium Editor, Mississippi Law Journal
- James O. Eastland Scholar
- Phi Kappa Phi
- University of Texas at Austin, B.S., Physics, 1988
- Primary counsel to developer of a $100 million+ mixed-use development, including office, retail, hospitality and multifamily components.
- Currently serves as lead outside real estate counsel in the development of a $1.4 billion tire manufacturing facility.
- Extensive experience advising clients in connection with purchase and sale of office assets, including representation of NYSE listed REIT in numerous acquisitions and financings in multiple states.
- Represented developers and lenders in historic tax credit funded transactions, including multifamily and data center developments.
- Represented lender in build-to-suit development of orthopedic hospital in Hattiesburg, Mississippi financed with New Markets Tax Credits and Go-Zone Bonds.
- Primary counsel on structuring of a divisive reorganization of a family owned chain of convenience stores, which included both corporate and limited liability company entities.
- Lead counsel on numerous securitized, bank and insurance company mortgage transactions.
- Co-Author, “2018 Mississippi Real Estate Law and Practice Section,” Chambers Global Practice Guides – USA Regional Real Estate, August, 2018.