Matthew H. Grenfell
Matt is experienced in real estate development and finance representing lenders and borrowers in numerous secured and unsecured financing transactions, including capital markets lending, loan syndications and mezzanine financing.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Civic Involvement
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Mississippi, 2005
- Make-A-Wish of Mississippi, Board of Directors
- Make-A-Wish of Mississippi, Membership Committee, Chairman
- Pear Orchard Presbyterian Church, Deacon
- University of Mississippi, J.D., 2005
- Moot Court Board
- University of Mississippi, B.A., International Business, magna cum laude, 2002
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Matt has almost 15 years of experience in various types of transactional work, with significant experience in real estate acquisitions, development and financings.
- His practice includes national and regional real estate matters. He has extensive leasing and real estate acquisition expertise, having represented publicly-traded companies on a national basis from a tenant’s perspective and represented a national car wash brand with acquisitions throughout the southeastern United States.
- Matt has experience in the healthcare space, having represented a developer with the acquisition, development, financing and the construction of numerous assisted living and independent living facilities in Mississippi, Louisiana and Georgia.
- Matt is often engaged to represent banks, financial institutions and borrowers in numerous secured and unsecured financing transactions, including capital markets lending, loan syndications, private placements and mezzanine financing.
- He also has extensive experience representing large scale residential developments in all aspects of acquisition, construction, and financing and the creation of property owner associations, including a 2,000 acre development in Madison County, Mississippi.
- He has also represented institutions of higher learning in a public private partnership for the construction and operation of a new residential dormitory on campus, the leasing, development and operation of a research park and the acquisition of various off-campus commercial buildings to be used for institutional operations.
- Chambers USA 2018 Ranks 41 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 106 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 147 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers®, 18 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Chambers USA 2017 Ranks 45 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 102 Butler Snow Attorneys List in 2015 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Chambers USA Ranks 40 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 117 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Co-Author, “2018 Mississippi Real Estate Law and Practice Section,” Chambers Global Practice Guides – USA Regional Real Estate, August, 2018.
- Author, "Kinwood-Off Record Land Mine or One-Off Quirk," CLE presented by the Business Law & Real Property Section of the Mississippi Bar, January 18, 2012.
- Author, "Commercial and Residential Landlord Tenant Law," Sterling Education Services, November 30, 2011.
- Author, "Negotiating Real Estate Loan Terms & Workout Options," National Business Institute, January 12, 2010.