Mark A. Dreher
Mark has experience defending pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in mass tort and individual cases. He has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a "Mid-South Rising Star".
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Mississippi, 2002
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- Mississippi College, J.D., 2002
- Moot Court Board
- University of Alabama, B.A., History, magna cum laude, 1997
- Phi Beta Kappa
Judge Leslie H. Southwick, Mississippi Court of Appeals,
- Ristesund v. Johnson & Johnson, et al. – Trial team in products liability action (St. Louis, Mo. 2016).
- Served an in-house secondment of the legal department of a leading pharmaceutical company (2015).
- Kristufek v. Takeda Pharmaceuticals America, Inc. – Trial team in pharmaceutical personal injury case (Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas, Pa. 2015).
- Kendall v. Hoffmann-La Roche, Inc., et al - Trial Team, Significantly reduced verdict in retrial of Pharmaceutical Personal Injury case (Atlantic City, N.J. 2014).
- Haley, et al. v. Merial Ltd., et al. – Denial of class certification in veterinary pharmaceutical case (N.D. Miss., 2013).
- Elliott v. City of Holly Springs, et al. – Summary judgment obtained in fuel gas explosion personal injury case (Marshall Co. Miss., 2013).
- Reynolds/Wilkinson/Rossitto/Young v. Hoffmann La Roche, et al. – Trial team, multiple defense verdicts in pharmaceutical personal injury case (Atlantic Co. N.J., 2012).
- Andrews/Gaghan/Marshall v. Hoffmann La Roche, et al. – Trial team, multiple defense verdicts in pharmaceutical personal injury case (Atlantic Co. N.J., 2011).
- Villas of Windsong, Ltd., et al. v. RGT/Charleston Partners, Ltd. – Appellate counsel, favorable holding reversing and rendering the lower court in commercial real estate dispute (Miss. App. 2011). More...
- Matthews v. FMC, et al. – Summary judgment obtained in crop injury case (Cassia Co. Ind., 2009).
- Brasscorp, d/b/a Cliplight Manufacturing Co. v. Highside Chemicals, Inc. – Trial counsel, defense verdict in $4 million commercial dispute (S.D. Miss., 2007).
- Townsend v. Daewoo Heavy Industries America Corp., et al. – Summary judgment obtained in heavy machinery personal injury case (Hinds Co. Miss., 2007).
- Defends pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in mass tort and individual cases pending in state and federal court throughout the U.S.
- Discovery team leader in Mississippi diet drug litigation.
- National coordinating counsel for medical device litigation.
- Represented numerous pharmaceutical manufacturers in average wholesale pricing litigation.
- Represented numerous chemical manufacturers in crop liability litigation.
- Represented numerous insurers in workers’ compensation, nursing home liability and Hurricane Katrina-related claims.
- Author, "Square Pegs and Round Holes: Discovery From The Perspective of Closing Argument," Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 6 No. 3, September, 2013.
- Author, “The Social Network: American Jurors Reaching out of the Courtroom and Into Trouble,” Mississippi Bar, Litigation Section E-Newsletter, Vol. 2, Issue 1, pg. 6-10, May 2012.
- Author, “The Social Network: American Jurors Reaching Out of the Courtroom and into Trouble,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 4, No. 3, 15-19, August 2011.
- Author, “Bad Behavior: Potential Pitfalls That Could Lead to Mistrial,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 3 No. 1, 16-19, January 2010.
- Author, “Case Law: Multi-State Survey of Ethical Opinions Regarding Legal Process Outsourcing,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 2 No. 2, 12-13, April 2009.
- Author, “The Unique Complexities of Pharmaceutical Pricing,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 1 No. 4, 18-23, October 2008.