Amanda Haynes Young
Mandy is an AV-Rated attorney in our Government, Administration & Regulatory and Health Law groups. She is a frequent speaker on the legislative process and updates on legislation.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- About Mandy
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
Mandy Young has been engaged in government relations, including healthcare and insurance legislation, for over 25 years. She has drafted and championed innumerable pieces of legislation that are existing law. Among other areas, Mandy has worked on telecommunications, hospital, home health, hospice, nursing home, automotive, financial, liability and insurance issues during that time span.
A 25-year career gives Mandy a state-wide network of contacts on many levels of government and business that are tapped to benefit a client’s ultimate goals. Mandy’s unparalleled experience enhances the Team’s analysis and evaluation of issues and interests from all angles and aids our assessment of the optimum strategic path by which our clients can affect the relevant landscape, including regulations and public policy.
Mandy is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and her work has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America®. She has been named to the “Nashville Top 101 Lawyers” by Nashville Post Magazine and “Best of the Bar” by Nashville Business Journal. She is also a frequent speaker on the legislative process and updates on legislation. Mandy has formerly held leadership roles in the Nashville Bar Association and the Lawyers Association for Women. She is a member of the American Bar, Tennessee Bar and American Health Lawyers Associations.
Mandy obtained her J.D. from the University of Tennessee and graduated Order of the Coif. She served as a judicial clerk to the 6th Circuit. She is admitted to the State Bar of Tennessee.
- Tennessee, 1992
- U.S. District Courts
- Tennessee: Middle, Western
- AV®-PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Insurance Law, 2007-2022
- Government Relations Practice, 2015-2022
- Lawyer of the Year, Insurance Law (Nashville), 2018
- Lawyer of the Year, Government Relations Practice (Nashville), 2020, 2022
- Nashville 101 Top Lawyers, Nashville Post Magazine, 2011
- In Charge list, Government/Politics, Nashville Post Magazine, 2010
- 150 Best Lawyers, Business Tennessee, 2009
- Best of Bar, Nashville Business Journal
- Trustee, Harpeth Hall School
- Former Board of Directors, Women’s Fund of Nashville
- Former Board Member, Book 'Em More...
- Former Alumnae Board Member, Harpeth Hall School
- Former Board Member, Jade’s Fund, Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital
- Tennessee Lobbyist Association
- Former Member, Board of Directors
- Board Chair, The Legacy Fund, Westminster Church
- University of Tennessee, J.D., 1992
- Student Materials Editor, Tennessee Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Vanderbilt University, B.S., cum laude, 1989
- Butler Snow Attorneys to Present on Litigation Funding at Virtual General Counsel Conference
- 237 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022
- 198 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021
- 5 Butler Snow Nashville Lawyers Year’s Best - The Nashville Ledger
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Erin Palmer Polly and Amanda Haynes Young Named to Nashville Business Journal’s 2019 Best of the Bar
- Frequent speaker on the legislative process and updates on legislation.
- Frequent writer of articles on legislation and the legislation process.
- Author, "2010 and 2011 Tennessee Health Law/Legislative Updates," Tennessee Bar Association Health Law Forum (October 2010, 2011).