Robert L. Crawford
A major focus of Mr. Crawford's practice is serving as a client relationship manager, advising clients on conflict avoidance, risk management and practice coordination. He is also a member of the Firm's Commercial Litigation Group and concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation including financial institution and general business disputes.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- About Larry
- Bar Admissions
- Civic Involvement
- Education & Honors
- In the News
Larry Crawford is a member of the Firm’s Commercial Litigation Group and concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation including financial institution and general business disputes. A major focus of Larry’s practice is serving as a client relationship manager, advising clients on conflict avoidance, risk management and practice coordination.
Over the course of his career, Larry has handled a wide range of business disputes on behalf of corporate clients, including contract issues, business interruption issues, various types of supply chain issues and other issues that arise. In the financial sector, he has handled almost any type of litigation issue a bank may face and has broad experience in securities litigation.
As for his work as a client relationship manager, clients love Larry’s ability to see the big picture, to connect dots across offices and practice groups, to bring resources to bear, to solve problems and to think strategically.
Larry is Martindale-Hubbell AV®-Preeminent Peer Review Rated. He has been listed in Best Lawyers in America® in Commercial Litigation from 2006-2022 and in Litigation – Banking and Finance from 2011-2022. He has also been selected by Best Lawyers in America® as Lawyer of the Year in Litigation – Banking and Finance for Memphis for 2017 and 2022. Larry has also been listed in Super Lawyers®, Mid-South Super Lawyers, Business Litigation from 2007-2021.
Larry is a fellow of the Tennessee Bar Association and a fellow of the Memphis Bar Association. He is a member of the Access to Justice Committee. He is on the Corporate Partner Committee of the Dixon Gallery & Gardens, a former Chair of the Memphis Area Legal Services Campaign for Equal Justice, a former member of the board of directors for Youth Leadership Memphis and a past president of the Board of Trustees of Memphis Museums, Inc.
Larry completed his undergraduate education at Rhodes College and earned his Juris Doctor from Vanderbilt University. He is admitted to practice in Tennessee and is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association, the ACC/TBA Corporate Counsel Pro Bono Initiative Working Group and the Memphis and Shelby County Bar Association.
- Tennessee, 1980
- Dixon Gallery & Gardens, Corporate Partner Committee
- Memphis Area Legal Services Campaign for Equal Justice
- Chair, 2013
- Vice-Chair, 2012
- Youth Leadership Memphis, Inc.
- Board of Directors, 2012-2013
- Board of Trustees of Memphis Museums, Inc.
- Past President, 2012-2013
- Former Member, 2006-2013
- AV®-Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Lawyer of the Year, Litigation – Banking and Finance (Memphis), 2017, 2022
- Commercial Litigation, 2006-2022
- Litigation – Banking and Finance, 2011-2022
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Super Lawyer, Business Litigation, 2007-2020
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1980
- Rhodes College, B.A., History, 1977
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- P.K. Seidman Award winner
- Clerkship, Judge Robert M. McRae, Jr., 1980-1981
- 237 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022
- 86 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars
- 198 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021
- Potential Coronavirus Impact on Commercial Transactions & Real Estate: Thinking Ahead
- 93 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- 106 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- Butler Snow Grows Commercial Litigation Group in Memphis - The Daily News
- Butler Snow Adds Three Litigators to Memphis Office