Kimberly S. Coggin
Kim advises pharmaceutical and medical device companies on matters involving clinical trial agreements, grants, sponsorships, publications and marketing.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Tennessee, 2000
- Mississippi, 1999
- U.S. District Courts
- Tennessee: Western
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- 6th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Pro Bono Award, Memphis Area Legal Services, 2010
- University of Mississippi, J.D., cum laude, 1999
- Associate Notes & Comments Editor, Mississippi Law Journal
- Moot Court Board
- Millsaps College, B.A., History, 1995
- Representation of pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the drafting and negotiation of clinical trial agreements for trials conducted in the United States and abroad. Interfacing with CROs on behalf of pharmaceutical and medical device companies on a broad range of issues throughout the lifecycle of a clinical trial.
- Representation of pharmaceutical and medical device companies including advice and services regarding grants, sponsorships, publications, and marketing and promotional activities.
- Representation of pharmaceutical companies in the drafting and negotiation of agreements for development, manufacturing and supply of products.
- Review of privacy and compliance policies and programs.
- Member of Deferred Prosecution Federal Monitor Team for a medical device company.
- Representation of physicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, and insurance companies in civil litigation on local and national level.
- Author, “Balancing the Needs of Sponsors and Research Sites to Effectively and Efficiently Negotiate Clinical Trial Agreements”, Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 8 No. 4, 14-23, February 2016.
- Co-Presenter , “Recent Developments in Clinical Trial Agreements” MAGI Clinical Research Conference, 2014 East.
- Co-Presenter, “Informed Consent in Clinical Research”, Tennessee Bar Association CLE, November 12, 2013.
- Co-Presenter, “Publication Rights in Clinical Trial Agreements: Using the 5W’s (and 1H) to Understand & Balance the Interest of Research Sites and Sponsors”, MAGI Clinical Research Conference, 2013 East.
- Author, "50 State Consumer Protection Laws and Their Application to Prescription Drugs", Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 4 No. 4, 10-14, November 2011.
- Author, "Worker’s Compensation – Statutory Immunity – General Contractors and Subcontractors Immune from Common Law Suits brought by Insured Subcontractor’s Employees", 67 Miss. L. J. 359 (1997) reprinted in 21 Worker’s Comp. L.R. 271 (1999).