James H. Porter
Jim has extensive experience advising clients in general corporate and contractual matters, mergers and acquisitions, and financing transactions.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Tennessee, 1985
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1982
- Extensive experience in advising clients in general corporate and contractual matters, mergers and acquisitions, and financing transactions.
- Represents various organizations, including healthcare entities, in purchase, sale, merger and other acquisition transactions.
- Advises a large community-based, non-profit, multi-state provider of behavioral health services as to affiliations, financing, general corporate and other matters.
- Regularly provides opinion letters in financing and other transactions.
- Has represented numerous sellers of merchant credit card portfolios.
- Member of the Tennessee Bar Association Task Force that drafted the original Tennessee Limited Liability Company Act.
- Co-Author with Judge W. Neal McBrayer, "Tennessee Secured Transactions Under Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code: Forms and Practice Manual," Data Trace Publishing, First Edition 2001 (updated annually).
- Author, BNA Corporate Practice Series, “Doing Business in States Other Than State of Incorporation” (Tennessee Chapter), BNA Corporate Practice Series.