Drew is a member of the Business Services Group and the Finance, Real Estate and Restructuring Group. He focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, securities regulation, and corporate formation and governance.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Tennessee, 2009
- Board of Directors, Special Olympics Tennessee
- University of Tennessee, J.D., summa cum laude, 2009
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, Tennessee Law Review
- Student Editor, Transactions: Tennessee Journal of Business Law
- University of Georgia, A.B., English and Political Science, cum laude, 2006
- Advises clients in connection with sales, mergers, acquisitions, and other business combinations.
- Advises clients with respect to entity formation issues, securities offerings, reorganizations, and corporate governance matters.
- Represented clients in various industries, including healthcare, financial services, insurance, manufacturing and retail, in connection with sale, merger and acquisition transactions having deal values between $5 million and $350 million.
- Represented numerous clients in connection with private offerings of common and preferred equity, convertible debt, and other securities in amounts up to approximately $15 million.
- Assisted client with its acquisition of controlling interests in approximately 30 ambulatory surgery centers.
- Counsel to public-private partnership in connection with the administration of its investment fund and its related investments in early-stage companies.
- Author, "Reference to a Description of Land in a Plat Book is Sufficient to Allege Color of Title to Satisfy the Requirements of an Adverse Possession Claim," 10 TRANS. TENN. J. BUS. L. 281, Spring 2009.
- Author, "Tennessee Anti-Lapse Statute Does Not Save Gifts to Devisee’s Issue When the Language in the Will Allows a Contrary Inference," 9 TRANS. TENN. J. BUS. L. 284, Fall 2007.