David H. Williams, Jr.
David is in our Public Finance, Tax Incentives and Credit Markets Group. He has extensive experience in tax-exempt and taxable revenue bond financing. His practice focuses on debt financing for various types of senior living communities. He also regularly serves as bond counsel for financings for affordable housing communities.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Civic Involvement
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Recent Blogs
- Georgia, 2000
- Lenbrook Square Foundation, Long Term Planning Committee, Former Chairman of the Board
- Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star®, Bonds and Governmental Finance, 2005, 2009
- Mercer University, J.D., 2000
- University of Georgia, A.B., Political Science, 1996
- Served as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, trustee’s counsel, borrower's counsel, trustee counsel and bank counsel in connection with a variety of tax-exempt and taxable municipal and corporate bond financings throughout the country.
- Experience in the affordable housing industry with a variety of financing structures, including municipal bonds involving private placements, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, FHA and USDA.
- Experience in the healthcare industry with tax-exempt and taxable bond financings for acute care hospitals, assisted living facilities, life plan communities, continuing care retirement communities and rented retirement communities throughout the country.
- Bond Counsel or Underwriter's Counsel in connection with the issuance of tax-exempt bonds for public or private universities in Georgia and throughout the country.
- Butler Snow Ranked as a Top 10 Private Bond Counsel Firm Nationally by Thomson Reuters Top Legal Counsel Review
- People in the news, Aug. 22 - McKnight's Senior Living
- Butler Snow Ranked as Top 10 Bond Counsel Firm for First Half of 2017
- Lenbrook Names David Williams Jr. Chairman of Board - citybizlist
- Law Firm Leads the Way in Housing Finance - Affordable Housing News
- Butler Snow Public Finance, Tax Incentives and Credit Markets Group Launches PFI Blog
- Peck Shaffer's Atlanta Office Relocates to Butler Snow
- Butler Snow Expands National Public Finance Practice - 9 Attorneys Join in Denver and Atlanta