Barton T. Lee
Barton focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and organization and capital formation. He frequently advises clients with respect to M&A transactions, equity offerings, convertible debt and other securities, and also counsels public and private companies, private equity firms, investors, start-up companies, and entrepreneurs in general business matters. As a member of the firm’s Medical Marijuana Task Force, Barton is at the forefront of medical cannabis regulation in Alabama.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- About Barton
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
Barton has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America® as “One to Watch” in both Corporate Governance and Compliance and Mergers and Acquisitions. He is a member of the Business Law Section and the Young Lawyers Section of the Alabama State Bar Association. He is also a member of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association.
He holds a B.A. in History from the University of Alabama and obtained his J.D. from the University of North Carolina. He is admitted to practice in Alabama.
- Alabama, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Ones to Watch, Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, 2021-2022
- Ones to Watch, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021-2022
- University of North Carolina, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- Executive Comments Editor, North Carolina Law Review
- University of Alabama, B.A., History, summa cum laude, 2012
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Co-Author, “Welcome to the (Regulatory) Jungle: Tax and Securities Law Considerations in Private Inbound Structures,” Tax Notes International, June 3, 2019.
- Author, “Where Gutenberg Meets Guns: The Liberator, 3-D-Printed Weapons, and the First Amendment,” 92 N.C. L. Rev. 1393 (2014).
- Author, “A License to Kill? Working to Understand Texas Penal Code Section 9.42 and Deadly Force in Defense of Property,” 93 N.C. L. Rev. Addendum 69 (2014).