R. Barry Cannada
- Vice-Chair, Legal & Consulting Services
Barry Cannada enjoys a distinguished reputation among market commentators, who note his well-rounded corporate practice and highly commercial approach. Peers describe him as "an excellent lawyer," while clients praise his ability to "make things happen, because he understands how business works."
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Mississippi, 1980
- AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Chambers USA, America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/Commercial (Mississippi) , 2015
- Mid-South Super Lawyers®, Business/Corporate, 2006-2013
- Lawdragon 3000
- Chairman Emeritus, Mississippi Technology Association and Mississippi Energy Institute
- University of Mississippi, J.D., cum laude, 1980
- Farley Award, graduated first in class
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A., Accounting, magna cum laude, 1977
Judge Robert A. Ainsworth, U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- 30+ years experience in various transactional advisory services, regularly representing numerous public and private companies in the management of a broad range of significant transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, capital formation, private placements, private equity investments, joint ventures, licensing and various forms of financings.
- Significant experience in managing the financing and restructuring (in and outside of bankruptcy protection) of distressed institutions.
- Experience in representing clients in a broad range of industries including various forms of manufacturing from device to chemicals, multiple major retail businesses, distributors, franchised operators, real estate developments, healthcare companies (from service providers to device and pharma suppliers), large agricultural ventures and cooperatives, various companies focused on the energy business, financial services, insurance providers and numerous types of technology companies.
- Served as Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel of a client for whom he had performed substantial corporate finance and other transactional work, where he performed various legal and financial functions while overseeing all the administrative functions for the company which, at its height, earned in excess of $3 billion in revenues and employed in excess of 20,000 employees.
- Chambers USA, America’s Business Lawyers noted that interviewees hailed Barry as "the very best for corporate work," citing his accounting background and his big-ticket experience as particular assets.
- 147 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers®, 18 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Chambers USA 2017 Ranks 45 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- Chambers USA Ranks 40 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- Butler Snow Receives Tozzoli Award from Mississippi World Trade Center
- Butler Snow Finalist for International Legal Team of the Year
- Barry Cannada - A Mississippi Advocate
- UM Accountancy Alumni Find Success in International Tax Practice
- 117 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Leadership in Law 2011