Andrew D. Tharp
Andrew has extensive litigation experience with more than 30 federal trials, and he was consistently ranked one of the top litigators in the United States Air Force.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Tennessee, 2010
- U.S. District Courts
- Tennessee: Eastern, Middle, Western
- Florida: Middle (pro hac vice)
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- Armed Forces
- Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- Area Defense Counsel, United States Air Force, 2013-2015
- Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, United States Air Force, 2010-2013
- Lowry Award Winner, Judge Advocate Staff Officer Course, 2010
- University of Toledo, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- Key Bank Willis Trust Scholarship Recipient
- Business Law Society Officer and Executive Board
- Bowling Green State University, B.S., Criminal Justice, cum laude, 2007
- Reserve Officer Training Corps: 4 Year Colonel's Leadership Scholarship Recipient and Field Training Top Gun of Distinguished Graduates
- Extensive litigation experience with more than 30 federal trials.
- Represented more than 800 clients in federal investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Part of trial team representing large grocery store chain in federal court case involving the alleged wrongful death of a child.
- Part of trial team representing aviation school in federal court case involving breach of confidentiality agreements and trademark violations.
- Part of trial team representing commercial interior design business in state court case involving fraud and misappropriation.
- Part of trial team defending large physicians services group in state court case involving alleged medical malpractice.
- Assisted in case workup (fact/company/expert witness depositions) for hundreds of cases in mass tort, federal multidistrict litigation, In Re Tylenol (Acetaminophen) Marketing, Sales Practices and Product Liability Litigation (E.D. Pa.)
- Assisted in case workup (fact/company/expert witness depositions) for hundreds of cases in mass tort, federal multidistrict litigation, In Re Ethicon, Inc. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation (S.D. W.Va.)
- Assisted the trial team in the first bellwether case in New Jersey Tylenol liver injury litigation. Unanimous defense verdict following four-week trial
- Author, “Cross-Examination: 5 Tips to Maximize Impact,” The Whisper, DRI, Vol. 12 Issue 12, December 2016.
- Author, “Transition: A JAG’s Move to the Civilian Practice of Law,” The Whisper, DRI, Vol. 11 Issue 8, September 2015.