Butler Snow is pleased to announce 194 attorneys have been recognized as The Best Lawyers in America® 2023. The firm also had 18 attorneys recognized as The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” and 54 attorneys recognized as Best Lawyers® 2023: Ones to Watch.
“These honors are a recognition of the client-first approach that is an enduring pillar of our firm’s culture,” said Christopher R. Maddux, chair of Butler Snow. “Congratulations to all who were recognized.”
Best Lawyers® is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in the publication is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor. Best Lawyers® compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting peer-review surveys in which lawyers confidently evaluate their professional peers. For a complete listing of the 194 Butler Snow attorneys listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023, click here.
The Best Lawyers® 2023: Ones to Watch recognitions are awarded to attorneys who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice in the United States. These attorneys have typically been in practice five to nine years. For a complete listing of the 54 Butler Snow attorneys listed in Best Lawyers® 2023: Ones to Watch, click here.
The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” recognitions are awarded to individual attorneys with the highest overall peer feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location. Only one attorney is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location. The 18 Butler Snow attorneys named to this list are:
- Robert E. Sumner, IV: Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- Charles R. Crawford: Corporate Law
- Gregg C. Gumbert: Commercial Finance Law
- Todd P. Photopulos: Labor Law – Management
- Michael B. Beers: Insurance Law
- Robert M. Holland, Jr.: Economic Development Law
- Taylor B. Mayes: Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Donna Brown Jacobs: Appellate Practice
- P. David Andress: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- John A. (Jack) Crawford, Jr.: Litigation – Securities
- William M. Gage: Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Samantha R. Moore: Tax Law
- Reed T. Nunnelee : Copyright Law
- W. Michael Russ: Public Finance Law
- Allison C. Simpson: Health Care Law
- Jefferson K. B. Stancill: Commercial Finance Law
- Phillip S. Sykes: Corporate Governance Law
- Timothy M. Threadgill: Labor Law – Management