Butler Snow’s Immigration group provides a full range of advice on business immigration matters for clients of all size. Our firm provides guidance on immigration compliance and enforcement matters, facilitating the onboarding of international talent, assisting international entrepreneurs, and developing strategies for temporary and permanent immigration visas.
Our team is experienced and regularly advises employers regarding:
- Temporary visas for professional workers employed in a specialty occupation (H1B Visas).
- Blanket and individual intra-company transfers of executives, managers, and specialized knowledge employees transferring between multinational corporations and their affiliates (L-1 Visas).
- Treaty trader and investor visas (E-1 and E-2 visas)
- Immigration options available for Canadian and Mexican citizens under the NAFTA Treaty (TN Visas).
- Physician J-1 Waivers.
- Business visitor visas for short duration for purposes of attending meetings, procuring contracts, and other non-employment activities (B-1 Visas).
- Applications for employment-based permanent residency petitions, including Labor Certification.
- Drafting corporate immigration policies and procedures.
- Advising on the effect of corporate changes on immigration status, such as mergers and acquisitions, corporate sales, and transfers.
- Corporate compliance issues to avoid employer sanctions
- Healthcare industry immigration issues.
A multinational workforce presents issues involving many areas of the law, including labor and employment, international taxation, mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property. Attorneys from our other practice groups routinely work with our immigration attorneys to help meet the complex needs that arise from the employment of foreign nationals at any level of an organization.
- We have represented a healthcare system in immigration-related issues involving the acquisition of a group of physicians for a nationally recognized organ transplant center. A significant number of their physicians were non-US citizens and needed our assistance in obtaining their visa approvals.
- Represented healthcare system in the formation of a related physician group, including sponsorship of all visa applications for their non-US physicians.