Health Care Litigation
Butler Snow attorneys understand the litigation challenges facing health care professionals and are here to help. Our firm has a team of accomplished litigators with substantial experience defending individual practitioners, medical practice groups, health care systems, hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and other care providers in state and federal litigation, arbitrations, and administrative proceedings. Not only do our lawyers defend healthcare professionals against claims of medical negligence, but our attorneys also defend claims asserted against owners and corporate members of health care facilities whose corporate structures are frequently under attack by plaintiff’s firms. Our lawyers participate in litigation concerning provider’s contractual disputes and litigation against federal and state agencies concerning reimbursement and other regulatory issues. Additionally, our team of healthcare attorneys provide day-to-day advice and legal counseling on issues including risk management, litigation avoidance, Medicare/Medicaid appeals, admission procedures, arbitration agreements, HIPAA compliance, human resources, and response to sentinel events. Whether you or your facility has been named as a defendant in a lawsuit or you need to engage in litigation to protect your business, Butler Snow lawyers are available to use their substantial experience to help you navigate the ever-shifting terrain of the health care industry.
- Defense verdict in nursing home negligence case in which the plaintiff alleged that a nursing home resident experienced dehydration, malnutrition, infections, pressure wounds, and ultimately death due to negligent care.
- Summary judgment in malpractice suit against a podiatrist in which the plaintiff alleged permanent disability and disfigurement as a result of a surgical procedure.
- Defense verdict in nursing home negligence case in which the plaintiff alleged that the facility failed to provide adequate fluid resulting in the death of the resident.
- Finding of no liability in arbitration in which the claimant alleged that a patient died as a result of a health care facility’s failure to appropriately respond to respiratory distress.
- Successful outcome in litigation with state regulatory agency concerning underpayment of Medicaid reimbursement.