Joe is a Senior Government Relations Advisor for Butler Snow’s Regulatory and Government group. He specializes in government relations and provides clients with a strong and experienced advocate with the Mississippi Legislature, regulatory agencies and in the political arena. For over forty years, Joe has worked in a bipartisan manner to represent his client's interests. He has demonstrated his ability time and time again to build relationships and alliances that enable his clients to work effectively in state and local government to accomplish their business development goals.
His specialty is working with the energy industry and throughout his career he has been involved in regulatory and legislative successes that have facilitated significant economic and energy development.
- Served for 25 years as President of the Mid-Continent Oil & Gas Association, Mississippi/Alabama Division, which later became the US Oil & Gas Association.
- Served as the legislative chairman of Mississippians for Economic Progress (MFEP) during the historic and highly contentious 2002 Mississippi 92-day special session on tort reform. MFEP was a coalition of business, industry and medical interests advocating for civil justice reform. The Wall Street Journal called MFEP’s success in the 2002 special session, “The Miracle in Mississippi.”
- Served as a Principal (2011-2022) with a nationally recognized government relations firm.
- Top 50 Most Influential Leaders in Mississippi, 2017
- Mississippi State University, B.S., Management, 1972
- Elder Statesman Honorary, 1971
Papers, Presentations & Publications
- Presenter during Millsaps College Else School of Management, Fall 2008 Else Forum on Energy, Presentation and Published Paper, “The Energy Odyssey”.
- Century Club Charities, Board of Directors
- Fondren Renaissance Foundation, Capital Campaign Committee
- Stewpot Community Services