Thomas M. Hewitt
Thomas is a member of the Finance, Real Estate and Restructuring Group. His practice is focused on mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcy and restructuring.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Mississippi, 2013
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Ones to Watch, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2022
- Ones to Watch, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021-2022
- Mississippi College, J.D., magna cum laude, 2013
- Editorial Board and Technical Editor, Law Review
- American Jurisprudence Award, Alternative Dispute Resolution
- University of Virginia, M.B.A., 2001
- University of Mississippi, B.A., Southern Studies, 1995
- In re: Mississippi Phosphates Corporation, et al., United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, Southern Division, Case No. 14-51667. Part of a team representing the Debtors, a publicly traded fertilizer and chemical manufacturer and its subsidiaries, in jointly administered Chapter 11 cases. Certain assets of the Debtors were sold through a court-supervised 363 sales process. Representation of creditors in assertion of administrative, secured and other claims in bankruptcy proceedings.
- In re: Simply Wheelz LLC, d/b/a Advantage Rent-a-Car, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 13-03332-ee. Represents the Debtor, the fourth largest car rental company in the United States, in its Chapter 11 case. Certain assets of the Company are to be sold through a court-supervised 363 sales process. This was the first "large chapter 11 case" under the new United States Trustee guidelines that was filed outside of Delaware or the Southern District of New York. This case is still pending.
- In re: Pinnacle Restaurant Corporation, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 13-03267-ee. Represents the Debtor in this chapter 11 case of a restaurant company that operates 17 Mazzio’s Italian Eateries, 2 Ken’s Pizza stores, and 1 Oliveto Italian Bistro in Mississippi and Texas. This case is still pending.