Russell L. Irby
Rusty has extensive experience in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate and tax law. Rusty works with closely held and family businesses on business planning and taxation, including their formation, operation and sale. He is recognized as being highly knowledgeable in tax issues related to estate and succession planning, trusts and probate.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Alabama, 1991
- U.S. District Courts
- Alabama: Northern
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York University, LL.M., Taxation, 1992
- University of Alabama, J.D., 1991
- University of Alabama, M.B.A., 1991
- University of Alabama, B.S., 1987
- Works with closely held and family businesses on business planning and taxation, including their formation, operation, and sale.
- Recognized as being highly knowledgeable in tax issues related to estate and succession planning, trusts, and probate.
- 237 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022
- Chambers USA 2021 Ranks 47 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- 198 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021
- Rusty Irby Named Leader to Know in Birmingham Business Journal’s Who’s Who in Law
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Butler Snow Ranked as a Top 10 Bond Counsel Firm Nationally by Thomson Reuters Top Legal Counsel Review
- Firm Ranked #2 for "2016 Healthiest Employers" by BBJ
- 18 Lawyers From Dwindling Johnston Barton Join Birmingham, Ala., Office of Butler Snow
- Author, "Researching New Consumer-Driven Health Care," Business Xpansion Journal, December 2004.
- Speaker, "Annual Corporate Check Up: Five Steps to a Healthy and Prosperous Year - Avoid Disputes Among the Owners of the Company," Birmingham Regional Chamber of Commerce, September 26, 2002.