E. Righton Johnson Lewis
Righton focuses her practice on the defense of product liability and personal injury claims. She has defended automobile, pharmaceutical, and industrial manufacturers as trial counsel.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Georgia, 2008
- U.S. District Courts
- Georgia: Northern, Middle, Southern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 11th Circuit
- Super Lawyers®
- Georgia Rising Star, 2014-2019
- Benchmark Litigation
- Member of the team selected as nationwide Product Liability Firm of the Year, 2018
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Moot Court Executive Board
- Editorial Board, Journal of Intellectual Property
- University of Georgia, B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2002
- Defending highway product manufacturer in product liability and personal injury claims.
- Defending pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturer in national mass tort litigation related to pelvic mesh.
- Counsel for paper manufacturer in premises claims.
- Counsel for industrial control manufacturer in multi-district litigation in Pennsylvania.
- Representation of property development company in appeal to Supreme Court of Georgia for a municipality's enforcement of an unconstitutional zoning ordinance. Held ordinance was unconstitutional and awarded prejudgment interest.
- Representation of university in matter involving constitutionality of legislation impacting bond financing.
- Panelist, “Bias & the Virus: Combating Institutional Discrimination & Disparity,” CenterForce, The Women in Law Summit Series, Virtual Summit Diversity, Inclusion & Self-Care, May 20, 2020.