Nikita S. McMillian
Nikita focuses her practice on pharmaceutical, medical device, and healthcare litigation. She defends drug and medical device manufacturers against product liability claims. She was a member of a trial team in a medical device product liability case that resulted in a defense verdict in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. She currently serves as a member of the deposition team in the pelvic mesh litigation. In addition to product liability claims, Nikita has experience defending employers against discrimination, sexual harassment, and wrongful termination claims. She has also represented corporations against personal injury and breach of contract claims.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Mississippi, 2016
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2016
- Executive Editor, Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- The Order of Barristers
- The National Order of Scribes
- Finalist, August A. Rendigs National Products Liability Moot Court Competition
- First Place, Appellate Advocacy Award, Copeland, Cook, Taylor, & Bush Moot Court Competition
- Judge Robert G. Gillespie Award for Best Oralist, Copeland, Cook, Taylor, & Bush Moot Court Competition
- Recipient, Mississippi Bar Award – Litigation Section
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.A., Criminal Justice, 2013
- Leslie Rawls Fletcher Academic Scholarship
- Phi Eta Sigma National Honor Society
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Campus Civitan Club
- Eagle Ambassador
- Clerkship, Honorable Carlton W. Reeves, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 2016-2017
- Speaker, 41st Annual Mississippi Labor & Employment Law Conference, August 2018.
- Author, “The Wait is Over – Opinion Letters are Back,” eLABORate, April 2018.
- Author, “Majority Republican NLRB Reasserts Exclusive Authority to Settle Labor Cases,” eLABORate, December 2017.