Kasey M. Adams
Kasey Adams focuses her practice on pharmaceutical, medical device and healthcare litigation. She has been a member of two trial teams in pharmaceutical product liability cases that resulted in defense verdicts, one of which was named one of CVN’s Top 10 Defense Verdicts of 2015. She currently serves as a key member of the deposition and national expert teams in the pelvic mesh litigation. She is also experienced in defending pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in consumer protection litigation brought by attorneys generals. She was recognized as a 2019 “Rising Star” by Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- About Kasey
- Bar Admissions
- Civic Involvement
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
In addition to her work on the pelvic mesh litigation, Kasey’s experience includes serving as a key member of the Pradaxa litigation team. In 2018, she assisted the trial team in obtaining a defense verdict in the second bellwether Pradaxa trial in Connecticut, and she has been extensively involved in case work-up and trial preparation for other Pradaxa trials that have resulted in defense verdicts. She has significant experience preparing experts for depositions and trials and drafting motions to exclude opposing experts. She also served on the national counsel team defending the Propecia litigation in the federal MDL and coordinated litigation in New Jersey. She supported all aspects of the litigation, with a particular emphasis on providing support to case management of the MDL.
Kasey is active in the American Bar Association and currently serves as the Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Subcommittee of the Mass Torts Committee. She has written multiple articles and Practice Points pieces for the ABA newsletter and website, and she recently organized and moderated a panel sponsored by the Young lawyers Subcommittee at the ABA’s Environmental and Energy, Mass Torts and Product Liability Litigation Committees’ 2019 Joint CLE Seminar. She is also active in Defense Research Institute, Jackson Young Lawyers, Charles Clark American Inn of Court, Capital Area Bar Association, and Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association, where she serves as the Young Lawyers Division liaison.
She volunteers a significant amount of her time to community and professional organizations, including currently serving as the Secretary of the Executive Committee of Mississippi Heritage Trust, a non-profit preservation organization. She previously served on the organization’s Board of Trustees for several years. She also is a Bar Exam Mentor for law students in Mississippi and an attorney coach of Mississippi College School of Law’s Arbitration Team, which has advanced to the national competition each year Kasey has coached and was named the 2016 National Champions of the American Bar Association’s Arbitration Competition. She volunteers for Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women, where she serves as the Membership Specialist for the Southern region and applies her advocacy skills to developing leadership workshops for collegiate women and providing services when risk management issues arise.
Kasey received her J.D., summa cum laude, from Mississippi College School of Law, where she was Associate Editor of the Mississippi College Law Review, Chair of the Moot Court Board, and a member of the National Order of Barristers. She obtained her B.A., summa cum laude, in Business Administration from The University of Southern Mississippi, where she was President of the Student Government Association, participated in countless other organizations and volunteer programs, and served as a recruitment counselor for the University. Based on her dedication and involvement, she was inducted as a member of the University of Southern Mississippi Hall of Fame.
- Mississippi, 2015
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- Mississippi Heritage Trust
- Secretary, Executive Committee, 2018-2019
- Board of Trustees, 2015-2019
- Mississippi College School of Law
- Bar Exam Mentor, 2016-2019
- Stewpot Legal Clinic
- Pro Bono Attorney Volunteer
- Pi Beta Phi Fraternity of Women
- Membership Specialist
- Volunteer and Workshop Presenter
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association “Rising Star,” 2019
- Attorney Coach of Mississippi College School of Law Arbitration Team, 2016 National Champions, American Bar Association’s Arbitration Competition
- Mississippi College, J.D., summa cum laude, 2015
- Associate Editor, Law Review
- Chair, Moot Court Board
- National Order of Barristers
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.S., Business Administration, summa cum laude, 2011
- President, Student Government Association
- The University of Southern Mississippi Hall of Fame
- President, Pi Beta Phi Fraternity for Women
- Krolikowski v. Ethicon Inc. Case No. 140102704, Court of Common Pleas of Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania: Assisted the trial team in a pelvic mesh trial that resulted in a defense verdict in April 2019. “J&J Dodges Pelvic Mesh Claims In Philadelphia Trial,” Law360, April 17, 2019
- In re: Propecia (Finasteride) Product Liability Litigation, MDL 2331, United States District Court of the Eastern District of New York and In re: Propecia Litigation, Superior Court of New Jersey Law Division: Middlesex County: Key member of the team defending Merck as national counsel.
- In re Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 2327, United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia: Core member of the gynemesh deposition and expert teams.
- Jackson v. McNeil Consumer Healthcare, Case No. ATL-L-880-13, Superior Court of New Jersey, Atlantic County: Assisted the trial team in obtaining a defense verdict following a four-week trial. This verdict was named one of CVN’s “2015 Top 10 Defense Verdicts.”
- Gallam v. Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Case No. HHD-CV-16-6067874-S, Connecticut Superior Court, Judicial District of Hartford: Assisted the trial team in the second bellwether Pradaxa trial resulting in a defense verdict. . “Boehringer Scores 2nd Bellwether Win In Conn. Pradaxa Suit,” Law360, May 7, 2018.
- Actively involved in defending a number of lawsuits brought by the Mississippi Attorney General alleging violations by pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers of the Mississippi Consumer Protection Act.
- Led two slip and fall cases to successful resolution for premises’ owners after aggressive case work-up and motion practice.
- Walker et al. v. Monsanto Co. et al., Case No. 1122-CC09621-01, Circuit Court of the City of St. Louis, State of Missouri – Assisted the trial team at first PCB Food Chain trial.
- Author, “You Gotta Nourish to Flourish,” Practice Points, American Bar Association Newsletter, April 30, 2019.
- Speaker, “To Climb or Not to Climb,” Sound Advice, American Bar Association Section of Litigation’s Newsletter, March 2019.
- Author, “If It Walks Like a Duck,” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 12 No. 1, 2019.
- Co-Author, “Who’s on First: The FDA or the FTC?” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 12 No. 1, 2019.
- Moderator, “Rising Through the Ranks: Associate Advancement from an In-House Perspective,” American Bar Association Section of Litigation, 2019 Environmental and Energy, Mass Torts and Products Liability Committee Joint CLE Seminar, Laguna Beach, Calif., January 11, 2019.
- Author, “The Shakespearean Solo Litigation: To Climb or Not to Climb,” Practice Points American Bar Association Newsletter, November 19, 2018.
- Presenter, “If You Label It, They Will Come,” The Mississippi Bar’s Young Lawyers Division “Bridge the Gap” CLE, November 2, 2018.
- Author, "Personal Versus Professional Ethics: Are The (or Should They Be) the Same?" Mass Torts Litigation Newsletter, American Bar Association, July 31, 2018.
- Author, “Diversity and Inclusion in Litigation: Less Talk, More Action,” Mass Torts Litigation Newsletter, American Bar Association, February 28, 2018. More...
- Presenter, "If You Label It, They Will Come," Medmarc Insurance Group webinar, February 27, 2018.
- Co-Author, “Daubert and Frye and Anything Goes, Oh My!” Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 10, No. 1, Winter 2017.
- Co-Author, “Coordination among Federal Prosecutors, Regulators, and Civil Enforcers: Questions Abound, “ Mass Torts Litigation Newsletter, Vol. 14, No. 3, American Bar Association, Summer 2016.