George P. Holmes
George is a member of Butler Snow’s business department and practices within the Business Services Group. He advises a wide array of business entities on governance issues and best practices, as well as aiding clients in complex transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, formation of new business ventures and contract negotiations.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Louisiana, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Ones to Watch, Health Care Law, 2021
- Ones to Watch, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D.,D.C.L., magna cum laude, 2015
- Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, Louisiana Law Review
- Millsaps College, B.A., History, 2011
- Externship, Judge Harlin D. Hale, Northern District of Texas Bankruptcy Court, 2013
- Externship, Judge James J. Brady, Middle District of Louisiana, 2014
- Advises clients in various industries, including private equity, industrial, banking and healthcare, with sales, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other business combinations.
- Advises clients in industrial, energy, banking, healthcare, manufacturing, retail and other industries in various commercial transactions.
- Advises clients with respect to equity formation issues, securities offerings, reorganizations and corporate governance matters.
- Author, “Testamentary Formalism in Louisiana: Curing Notarial Will Defects Through a Likelihood-of-Fraud Analysis,” 75 La. L. Rev. 511, 2014.
- Presenter, “Presumptions; Evidentiary Issues,” 25th Annual Bankruptcy Law Conference, Louisiana State University.