An integral part of Butler Snow’s pro bono mission is to provide equal access to the justice system for individuals unable to afford it. We do this primarily by taking cases referred by local civil legal service providers with whom we work closely and by sponsoring and staffing legal clinics regularly.
Recently, Butler Snow attorneys partnered with the Mississippi Access to Justice Commission and the Madison (MS) County Bar Association to sponsor a Pro Se Legal Clinic for the 11th Chancery Court District of Mississippi. Attorneys working the clinic assisted low-income individuals with uncontested divorces and other matters.
Butler Snow attorneys also:
- Collaborate with local legal services organizations to represent indigent clients regarding basic civil needs, including landlord-tenant, family law and consumer debt matters.
- Staff and operate legal clinics for the homeless and those in poverty.
- Counsel low-income artists of all disciplines.
- Advise nonprofit organizations on their legal rights and responsibilities.
- Assist with financing, development, and real estate transactions in low-wealth neighborhoods.
- Represent low-income tenants facing eviction or seeking to remedy poor housing conditions.