Butler Snow is pleased to announce 158 of the firm’s attorneys have been included in Best Lawyers® for 2019, and 18 have been named Best Lawyers® 2019 “Lawyer of the Year.”
“It is always an honor for so many attorneys to receive this recognition,” said Donald Clark, Jr., chairman Butler Snow. “Our attorneys continue to boost our client service excellence across each of our offices and practice areas, and this recognition illustrates that.”
Best Lawyers® is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. A listing in the publication is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor. Best Lawyers® compiles its lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting peer-review surveys in which lawyers confidently evaluate their professional peers.
A complete listing of Butler Snow attorneys listed in Best Lawyers® 2019 is available here.
“Lawyer of the Year” recognitions are also awarded to individual attorneys with the highest overall peer-feedback for a specific practice area and geographic location. Only one lawyer is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each specialty and location. The 18 Butler Snow attorneys named to this list are:
- Alveno N. Castilla – Best Lawyers® 2019 Litigation and Controversy – Tax, Jackson, Miss.
- Anita Modak-Truran – Best Lawyers® 2019 Trademark Law, Jackson, Miss.
- Dan H. Elrod – Best Lawyers® 2019 Government Relations Practice, Nashville, Tenn.
- David R. Kinman – Best Lawyers® 2019 Commercial Finance Law, Birmingham, Ala.
- Dee P. Wisor – Best Lawyers® 2019 Public Finance Law, Denver, Colo.
- Edward A. Wilmesherr – Best Lawyers® 2019 Administrative/Regulatory Law, Jackson, Miss.
- Gayle Malone, Jr. – Best Lawyers® 2019 Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Nashville, Tenn.
- Gilbert C. Van Loon – Best Lawyers® 2019 Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Jackson, Miss.
- James E. Bailey, III– Best Lawyers® 2019 Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Memphis, Tenn.
- John F. England – Best Lawyers® 2019 Commercial Finance Law, Jackson, Miss.
- John J. Healy, III – Best Lawyers® 2019 Copyright Law, Jackson, Miss.
- John M. Harral – Best Lawyers® 2019 Banking and Finance Law, Gulfport, Miss.
- Phil B. Abernethy – Best Lawyers® 2019 Litigation – Construction, Jackson, Miss.
- Phillip S. Sykes – Best Lawyers® 2019 Litigation – Real Estate, Jackson, Miss.
- Robert M. Holland, Jr. – Best Lawyers® 2019 Economic Development Law, Nashville, Tenn.
- Steven M. Hendrix – Best Lawyers® 2019 Corporate Compliance Law, Jackson, Miss.
- Timothy M. Threadgill – Best Lawyers® 2019 Employment Law – Management, Jackson, Miss.
- Tommie S. Cardin – Best Lawyers® 2019 Government Relations Practice, Jackson, Miss.