Binford E. (Trey) Parker III
Trey is an attorney in our Finance, Real Estate and Restructuring and Public Finance, Tax Incentives and Credit Markets groups. He is located in our New Orleans office, where he focuses his practice on Tax Credits, Energy Credits, Gaming, Business and Commercial Transactions, Public Finance and Real Estate Law.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Louisiana, 2008
- U.S. District Courts
- Louisiana: Eastern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- Loyola University, J.D., Common Law Division with Certificate in Civil Law Studies, cum laude, 2008
- Loyola Law Review, Member
- University of Virginia, B.A., History and Religious Studies, 2002
- Representation of developers, community development entities, lenders and investors in connection with the development and financing of complex real estate projects, both locally and throughout the U.S., utilizing historic rehabilitation tax credits, new markets tax credits, Opportunity Zone investments and restoration tax abatements, as well as financing programs administered and insured by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Experienced in the organization, incorporation, general commercial advices, transfers, withdrawals, settlements and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and other entities.
- Representation of local, national, and international gaming clients in obtaining and maintaining state regulatory approvals, compliance with federal law, and regulatory approval for real estate and operational transfers.
- Representation of individual and corporate clients in commercial and personal litigation in federal and state court, which work includes legal research, discovery work, drafting of pleadings, motions, briefs, legal correspondence, and arguing motions.
- Presenter, “The New Markets Tax Credit: An Economic Catalyst for Low-Income Communities,” LawPracticeCLE, 2021.
- Presenter, “Utilizing New Markets Tax Credits to Drive Economic Development,” Lawline.com, 2021.
- Presenter, “Leveraging Historic Tax Credits in Real Estate Finance,” Strafford Publications, Inc., 2021.
- Presenter, "Benefiting from New Markets Tax Credits," Esquire CLE, 2021.
- Presenter, “Financing Projects with New Markets Tax Credits – Manufacturing Projects,” Butler Snow Spring Webinar Series, April 21, 2021.
- Author, "The Pledge Protection Act and the Conflicting Fundamental Rights Limitation on the Article III Power to Control the Supreme Court’s Appellate Jurisdiction," 54 Loy. L. Rev. 467 2008.
- Contributing Author, "After the Flood: Equality and Humanity in Property Regimes,"52 Loy. L. Rev. 243, 287, 2006, Harvard Law Professor Joseph Singer was the main author of the article.