Travis B. Swearingen
Travis Swearingen assists his clients with their most complex and high stakes legal problems. Travis is a trial lawyer with first chair experience representing clients in healthcare, product liability and construction litigation. Most recently, he has assisted in the defense of significant mass tort litigation for several Fortune 250 companies, tried multi-million dollar disputes for three of the largest hospital systems in Tennessee, and successfully defended multiple healthcare liability cases to verdict. Mid-South Super Lawyers® named Travis a “Rising Star” for his work in business litigation. He has served in leadership roles for the Defense Research Institute, Tennessee Bar Association and Tennessee Alumni Association.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Tennessee, 2006
- U.S. District Courts
- Tennessee: Middle, Eastern, Western
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2012-2018
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Health Care Law, 2020
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2006
- Associate Editor, Journal of Entertainment Law and Practice.
- University of Tennessee, B.S., 2003
- Dean’s List
- Gamma Beta Phi
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Travis B. Swearingen to Speak at International Association of Defense Counsel’s 2019 Annual Meeting
- 106 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 102 Butler Snow Attorneys List in 2015 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- 117 Butler Snow Attorneys Listed in 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers®
- Speaker, “The Millennial Juror,” International Association of Defense Counsel’s 2019 Annual Meeting, Asheville, N.C., July 10, 2019.
- Author, “Comcast v. Behrend - Potentially Another Tool to Use in Defending Against Class Certification,” “The Whisper,” DRI, May 30, 2013.
- Author, “United States v. Caronia and its Implications for Off-Label Marketing of Pharmaceuticals”, Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 6 No. 1, February 2013.
- Author, “Social Media and E-Discovery in the Practice of Law,” TBA Technology Conference, February 26, 2012.
- Author, “‘Tweet’ Me Your Status: Social Media in Discovery and at Trial,” Federal Lawyer Magazine, February 2012.
- Author, “Effectively Accessing Social Media Websites for Use at Trial,” ABA Litigation Newsletter, Spring 2011.
- Author, “Calling an Audible: Avoiding Template Written Discovery,” “The Whisper,” DRI, May 2011.
- Author, “Ethical Consideration in the Use of Technology”, Tenn. Bar. U., Fall 2010.
- Author, “Social Media from an Attorney’s Perspective,” TBA Technology Conference, February 17, 2011. More...
- Author, “Strategies for Legal Research on the Web,” National Business Institute, December 16, 2010.
- Author, “Inside the Minds: Construction Dispute Resolution,” Construction Legal Series, Aspatore Books, 2009.