Scott M. McLeod
Scott is a member of Butler Snow’s finance, real estate and restructuring group and focuses his practice on real estate development and finance.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Tennessee, 2012
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Rising Star, Real Estate, 2017-2019
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- Executive Editor, Tennessee Law Review
- Editor, Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., magna cum laude, 2009
- Representation of publicly traded apartment REIT in more than three dozen multi-family acquisition and disposition transactions across the United States.
- Representation of publicly traded apartment REIT in numerous financing transactions involving more than $2,000,000,000.
- Representation of publicly traded student housing REIT in numerous financing transactions involving more than $1,000,000,000.
- Representation of publicly traded farmland REIT in more than twenty acquisition and acquisition financing transactions across the United States.
- Representation of Florida-based office building owner in portfolio disposition of nineteen properties across the Southeast for over $215,000,000.
- Representation of Florida-based office building owner in numerous financing transactions involving more than $150,000,000.
- Representation of national agri-business company in numerous asset-based acquisitions of other agri-businesses across the United States.
- Representation of publicly traded industrial property REIT in portfolio disposition of twenty-three properties across the Mid-Atlantic for over $240,000,000.
- Representation of Florida-based office building and retail center owner in numerous acquisition, disposition, and financing transactions. More...
- Representation of hotel and hospitality investment company in acquisition and disposition transactions.
- Representation of Pennsylvania-based industrial property owner in numerous transactions involving PILOT structures.
- Representation of local and regional borrowers and lenders in numerous asset based credit facilities.
- Author, Constitutional Law – Sixth Amendment Right to Counsel – Forfeiture of the Right to Counsel in Tennessee, 78 Tenn. L. Rev. 589 (2011).