J. Mitchell Carrington II
Mitch is a member of the Finance, Real Estate and Restructuring Group. He focuses his practice on bankruptcy and commercial litigation.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Mississippi, 2012
- U.S. District Courts
- Mississippi: Northern, Southern
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Ones to Watch, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2021-2022
- Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2022
- University of Mississippi, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012
- Associate Cases Editor, Mississippi Law Journal
- Am Jur Awards: Bankruptcy, Chapter 11 Reorganization & Securities Regulation
- ABOTA Tom Mason Trial Advocacy Award
- Phi Delta Phi
- Carson M. Hughes Memorial Scholarship
- Millsaps College, B.A., Political Science, 2009
- Pi Sigma Alpha – Political Science Honorary
- In re: Amazing Energy MS, LLC, et al., United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 20-01243-NPO. Represented Petroleum Production Finance, Inc. subsidiary, PPF 11, LLC, in its successful acquisition of oil and gas leases covering over 1,000 acres in the Dinan, Piney Creek, and Saukum Fields in southern Mississippi, sold through a court-supervised 363 sales process.
- In re: Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, et al., United States District Court for the District of Puerto Rico, Case No. 17-03283. Represents Financial Guaranty Insurance Company, insurer of bonds issued by the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and its agencies.
- Mississippi Phosphates Corporation, et al., United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, Southern Division, Case No. 14-51667. Part of a team representing the Debtors, a publicly traded fertilizer and chemical manufacturer and its subsidiaries, in jointly administered Chapter 11 cases. Certain assets of the Debtors were sold through a court-supervised 363 sales process. The cases are pending.
- Simply Wheelz LLC, d/b/a Advantage Rent-a-Car, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, Case No. 13-03332-ee. Part of a team that represented the Debtor, the fourth largest car rental company in the United States, in its Chapter 11 case. Certain assets of the Company were sold through a court-supervised 363 sales process. This was the first "large chapter 11 case" under the new United States Trustee guidelines that was filed outside of Delaware or the Southern District of New York.
- Speaker, “Bankruptcy Basics, Trends and Topics,” Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants - Central Chapter Meeting, January 2016.
- Co-Author, Mississippi Section, 50-State Compendium on State Consumer Protection Act Statutes, Defense Research Institute, 2014.
Admission pending in TN.