Martin A. Sosland
Martin is a member of our Finance, Real Estate, and Restructuring Practice Group. He focuses his practice on Public Finance and Bankruptcy and Restructuring.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Texas, 1984
- U.S. District Courts
- Texas: Northern, Eastern
- Colorado: District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- 3rd Circuit
- University of Texas, J.D., cum laude, 1983
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor of Texas Law Review.
- Rice University, B.A., Biology, 1976
- Led representation in several major chapter 11 debtor cases including SemGroup, Crescent Resources, Texas Rangers Baseball Partners, Blockbuster and Dallas Stars, and co-led representation of Enron and Pilgrim’s Pride.
- Represented The Western Company of North America, Zale Corporation, MCorp, Edison Brothers Stores, Inc., and PennCorp Financial Group, Inc. in Chapter 11 cases.
- Led representation of Sulzer Orthopedics in its class-action product liability settlement which allowed that company to avoid seeking relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
- Led representation of acquirors of Synagro Technologies, Option One Mortgage, Fitz & Floyd, Trenwick America and the Specialty segment of International Shipholding Corporation.
- Represented US ONE Communications Corp., Heartland Wireless Communications, Verado Holdings and Hedstrom Corporation in chapter 11 cases.
- Represented statutory creditors’ committees for First Republicbank Corporation, Texas American Bancshares, National Gypsum Company and New Valley Corporation.
- Led representation of major financial institutions and other creditors in a number of cases including Powerwave Technologies, First Magnus, Harbor Financial Group, FirstPlus Financial Group, Genesis Physicians Practice Association, Mirant, Senior Living Properties, Williams Communications and Covad, as well as in numerous out of court restructurings.
- Martin A. Sosland to be Inducted as a Fifth Circuit Fellow of the American College of Bankruptcy
- Butler Snow Ranked One of USA's Leading Product Liability Firms by Who's Who Legal
- Chambers USA 2017 Ranks 45 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- The Belles of the Ball: Bankruptcy Lawyers - Texas Lawyer
- Mississippi Firm Opens Dallas, Austin Offices - Texas Lawyer
- Butler Snow Expands to Texas with the Addition of Sosland, Davis and Luzarraga