Marshall A. Bowen
Prior to joining Butler Snow, Marshall clerked at both of Texas’s high courts: the Supreme Court of Texas and the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals. Marshall also worked as a public affairs consultant and in public policy in the Texas Legislature. Now in private practice, Marshall applies his acute understanding of appellate and legislative procedure to assist clients with complex problems before and during all stages of litigation.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Civic Involvement
- Education & Honors
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Texas, 2018
- Secretary, Board of Trustees, Shield Ayres Foundation
- Board Member, Texas Agricultural Land Trust
- Regents School of Austin
- Volunteer Mock Trial Coach
- Founder and Board Member, Regents Alumni Network
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2018
- Solicitations/Articles Editor, St. Mary’s Law Journal
- Staff Writer Excellence Award, St. Mary’s Law Journal
- St. Mary’s University Presidential Award
- Pupil, William S. Sessions Inn of Court
- Dean’s List
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Research and Writing
- St. Mary’s Institute on World Legal Problems, Innsbruck, Austria
- St. Mary’s University, M.A., Theology, 2018
- Distinguished Graduate
- Texas A&M University, B.A., Political Science, 2012
- Student Government Association Executive Council
- Clerkship, Honorable Kevin Patrick Yeary, Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, September 2018-September 2019
- Clerkship, Honorable Paul W. Green, Supreme Court of Texas, September 2019-August 2020
- Public Affairs Consultant, Caddo Associates (2012–2015)
- Legislative Director for Texas State Representative Brooks Landgraf, 84th Legislative Session (2015)
- Co-Author, “Making Use of Dissenting Opinions,” DRI, Certworthy, Vol. 21, Issue 2,
November 23, 2020.
- Presenter, “Texas Supreme Court Update,” Austin Bar Association, Civil Appellate
Section, November 19, 2020.
- Guest, “Clerking at the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals and the Texas Supreme Court,” Texas Appellate Law Podcast, October 1, 2020.
- Author, Avian Jurisprudence and the Protection of Migratory Birds in North America, 49 ST. MARY’S L.J. 837 (2018).