Marianne C. Garner
Marianne is a member of the Health Law Practice and focuses her practice on healthcare law, commercial contracting, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust law, transactions, regulatory compliance counsel and advice.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Tennessee, 2007
- Mississippi, 2009
- Super Lawyers®
- Mid-South Rising Star, Health Care, 2017
- University of Mississippi, J.D., 2007
- Phi Delta Phi
- Honor Council Representative
- Law School Student Body Senator
- Spring Hill College, B.S., Business Administration, cum laude, 2004
- Analysis of federal and state regulatory issues surrounding ambulatory surgical centers, joint-ventures, the Medicare and Medicaid Fraud and Abuse laws, the Anti-Kickback statute, and the Stark Law.
- Analysis of healthcare plan documents and application of relevant federal and state law in all 50 states relating to healthcare reimbursement laws.
- Practice in effectuating compliance with internal operational policies and regulations for a prominent healthcare provider.
- Experience in representing buyers and sellers in healthcare transactions and joint ventures.
- Experienced in drafting Business Associate Agreements, HIPAA Authorizations and advising clients regarding HIPAA privacy matters.
- Co-Author, "Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute Waivers Prove to be Useful Measures During the COVID-19 Pandemic … But, Will They Last?" Pro Te: Solutio, Vol. 13, No. 3, August 2020.
- Author, "The Affordable Care Act in 2015: How Should Tennessee’s Small Business Owners Prepare?" HR Professionals of Greater Memphis Magazine, (February 2014).