Maria Prevedel Harwood
As a member of the Public Finance, Tax Incentives and Credit Markets Group, Maria represents governmental entities, underwriters and other participants in public finance transactions.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Colorado, 1989
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Public Finance Law, 2019-2021
- Washington University, J.D., 1989
- University of Wyoming, B.A., English, with honors, 1986
- Represents governmental entities, underwriters and other participants in public finance transactions primarily in Colorado; has represented numerous issuers in Nevada; also participated in numerous transactions in Wyoming, Idaho, New Mexico and Kansas.
- Particular emphasis on disclosure and securities law matters for tax-exempt bonds, including continuing disclosure compliance matters.
- Clients include: governmental entities, including cities and towns, counties, school districts, universities and higher education systems, special districts, joint action agencies, urban renewal authorities and other tax increment financing districts; and underwriting firms.
- Experienced in a broad range of financings structures including general obligation bonds, user fee revenue bonds, excise tax revenue bonds, lease transactions, letter of credit transactions, commercial paper transactions, special assessment bonds and tax increment financings.
- 198 Butler Snow Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021
- 173 Butler Snow Attorneys Named in Best Lawyers® 2020, 19 Named “Lawyer of the Year”
- Butler Snow Ranked as a Top 10 Private Bond Counsel Firm Nationally by Thomson Reuters Top Legal Counsel Review
- Butler Snow Ranked as Top 10 Bond Counsel Firm for First Half of 2017
- Butler Snow Ranked as a Top 10 Bond Counsel Firm Nationally by Thomson Reuters Top Legal Counsel Review
- Town to Save $1.2 Million by Refinancing '07 Water Debt - AmericanTowns.com
- Butler Snow Public Finance, Tax Incentives and Credit Markets Group Launches PFI Blog
- Butler Snow Donates $20,000 to Bringing Back the Arts Foundation
- Butler Snow Ranked No. 1 Bond Counsel Firm in Colorado By Thomson Reuters More...
- Butler Snow Ranked No. 1 Bond Counsel Firm in Colorado
- Butler Snow Expands National Public Finance Practice - 9 Attorneys Join in Denver and Atlanta
- Frequent speaker to issuer and other industry groups on municipal securities law, disclosure and continuing disclosure topics.