Trial attorney Kim Bueno represents clients in high-stakes personal injury actions and complex commercial litigation. Kim is a member of Butler Snow’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Healthcare group. Nationally, she is recognized as one of the preeminent pharmaceutical and medical device trial attorneys, having served as trial counsel in high-profile cases throughout the country. Most recently, Kim has tried cases involving pelvic mesh products, obtaining defense verdicts in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas (2017 and 2019). Kim also serves as trial counsel in commercial litigation and intellectual property matters, including a patent infringement trial in the Eastern District of Texas in 2018. Although clients value Kim’s legal strategy at every stage of litigation, her phone often rings when a trial date is set. At that time, she prepares with ferocity and does not rest until she knows more about the facts than anyone else in the courtroom.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Courts
- Texas: Northern, Eastern, Southern, Western
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., high honors, 2008
- Order of the Coif
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., Political Science and Journalism, summa cum laude, 1996
- Kim believes that the work of a trial lawyer is an art and a craft. Good trial lawyers hone their skills by observing others in the courtroom. She was introduced to pharmaceutical and medical device cases early in her career and, over the years, has worked alongside a long list of talented trial lawyers.
- In January 2021, Kim joined Butler Snow to work with a large team of experienced trial lawyers, including 12 Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers and four Fellows of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. She looks forward to learning from her new partners as they try cases for clients throughout the country. Most of all, Kim hopes to serve as a mentor for younger lawyers who share her desire for life inside the courtroom.
- Butler Snow Hires Scott Douglass McConnico Trial Pro - Law360
- Kim Bueno Joins Butler Snow’s Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation Team
- Shero Podcast - Texas Young Lawyers Association
- What It Takes to Be a Trial Lawyer If You’re Not a Man - The Atlantic
- Journal Profile: Trial attorney Kim Bueno doesn't sweat the small stuff — just the ultramarathons - Austin Business Journal
- Co-Author, “Guidelines for Mass Tort Aggregate Settlements in Texas,” The Advocate, Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas, 2016.