Kim is a trial lawyer who represents clients in high-stakes personal injury actions and complex commercial litigation. She is nationally recognized as one of the preeminent pharmaceutical and medical device trial attorneys, having served as trial counsel in high-profile cases throughout the country. Most recently, Kim has tried cases involving pelvic mesh products, obtaining defense verdicts in the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas (2017 and 2019). She also serves as trial counsel in commercial litigation and intellectual property matters, including a patent infringement trial in the Eastern District of Texas in 2018.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- About Kim
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
Although clients value Kim’s legal strategy at every stage of litigation, her phone often rings when a trial date is set. At that time, she prepares with ferocity and does not rest until she knows more about the facts than anyone else in the courtroom.
Kim believes that the work of a trial lawyer is an art and a craft. Good trial lawyers hone their skills by observing others in the courtroom. Over the years, Kim has worked alongside a long list of talented trial lawyers.
Chambers USA recognized Kim for nationwide Product Liability & Mass Torts (2021). She is a Fellow of the Texas Bar Association and is involved in a variety of organizations including IADC, DRI and the American Bar Association’s Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section.
She obtained her J.D., high honors, from The University of Texas School of Law and her B.A., summa cum laude, in Political Science and Journalism, from Southern Methodist University. She is admitted to practice in Texas.
- Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Courts
- Texas: Northern, Eastern, Southern, Western
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- 5th Circuit
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., high honors, 2008
- Order of the Coif
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., Political Science and Journalism, summa cum laude, 1996
- In January 2021, Kim joined Butler Snow to work with a large team of experienced trial lawyers, including nine Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers and five Fellows of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. She looks forward to learning from her new partners as they try cases for clients throughout the country. Most of all, Kim hopes to serve as a mentor for younger lawyers who share her desire for life inside the courtroom.
- Butler Snow Attorneys to Speak at TexasBarCLE Business Disputes Course
- Chambers USA 2021 Ranks 47 Butler Snow Attorneys as Leaders
- Celebrating Women's Progress in Law and International Women's Day: A Q&A With Butler Snow's Kim Bueno - Texas Lawyer
- Butler Snow Hires Scott Douglass McConnico Trial Pro - Law360
- Kim Bueno Joins Butler Snow’s Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Litigation Team
- Shero Podcast - Texas Young Lawyers Association
- What It Takes to Be a Trial Lawyer If You’re Not a Man - The Atlantic
- Journal Profile: Trial attorney Kim Bueno doesn't sweat the small stuff — just the ultramarathons - Austin Business Journal
- Presenter, "Visual Advocacy: How to Effectively Persuade Through Graphical Demonstrations," TexasBarCLE, Business Disputes Course, September 2, 2021.
- Co-Author, “Guidelines for Mass Tort Aggregate Settlements in Texas,” The Advocate, Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas, 2016.