John R. Wood
John is a member of our Business Services Group and focuses his practice on administrative law and tax law.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Oklahoma, 2014
- Georgetown University, LL.M., Taxation, 2014
- Certificate in International Taxation, 2014
- Georgetown University, J.D., 2013
- University of Oklahoma, B.B.A., Finance, summa cum laude, 2010
- Represents high net worth families and their advisors with respect to US federal income, estate and gift tax issues, with an emphasis on integrated US/UK estate and tax planning from a US perspective.
- Advises on the establishment and taxation of US and foreign trusts from a US perspective.
- Advises individuals, financial institutions and trust companies regarding US federal tax compliance, including FATCA and the IRS Voluntary Disclosure Practice and Streamlined filing programs.
- Advises on the relinquishment of US citizenship (expatriation) and relinquishment of lawful permanent residency (green card) status.
- Represents individuals and employers on immigration matters, including H-1B, L-1, B-1, TN, O, E-2, J-1 waiver, and permanent residency.
- Co-Author, "Top Trumps: Taxing American expats under the new republican regime," E-Private Client, November 2016
- Co-Author, “New Oklahoma Capital Gain Deduction Decision Taxpayers Prevail in Tacking Argument as to Three Year Oklahoma Headquarters Requirement.” Oklahoma Society of CPA’s, Sept. 2016.