John C. Taylor, Jr.
John focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and governance, and commercial real estate development and finance.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Tennessee, 2013
- University of Tennessee, J.D., summa cum laude, 2013
- Acquisitions Editor and Editorial Board, Tennessee Law Review
- Order of the Coif
- Wake Forest University, M.A., Management, with distinction, 2010
- Wake Forest University, B.A., Economics, cum laude, 2008
- Represented software developer in asset-based disposition to its publicly traded customer.
- Representation of intermodal, transportation, and logistics providers in matters related to strategic asset- and equity-based acquisitions, asset-based financings, and corporate governance and finance.
- Representation of restaurant franchisee in its acquisition and disposition of operating stores and development of new locations.
- Representation of marketing and social media company in its acquisition of a competing social media and e-commerce company.
- Representation of bank and bank holding companies in merger and acquisition transactions.
- Representation of parking garage developer in connection with portfolio disposition.
- Represented restaurateur in its acquisition of a national, fast-casual restaurant franchisor through a series of multi-round financings and restructurings.
- Representation of development company in public-private partnership.
- Represented real estate developer in disposition of a portfolio of operating properties through a stock share sale to a publicly traded REIT. More...
- Representation of self-storage developer in formation of numerous joint ventures with institutional capital partner and other developers.
- Representation of real estate developer and its associated joint venture in over 60 transactions ranging from asset-based acquisitions and dispositions to development financing.
- Representation of various companies in formation and private placement offerings.
- Representation of publicly traded real estate lender in connection with real estate and mezzanine financing.
- Co-Author, “2018 Tennessee Real Estate Law and Practice Section,” Chambers Global Practice Guides – USA Regional Real Estate, August, 2018