Jessica L. Staton
Jess is an international tax lawyer, with significant experience advising international clients and families on complex cross-border income tax and wealth planning matters with a US connection.
Biography – View PDF Bio
- Bar Admissions
- Education & Honors
- In the News
- Papers, Presentations, & Publications
- Recent Blogs
- Connecticut, 2008
- New York, 2009
- New York University, LL.M., Taxation
- Boston University, J.D., 2008
- University of Florida, B.S., Psychology, Cum Laude, 2004
- Represents high net worth families and their advisors with respect to US federal income, estate and gift tax issues.
- Advises fiduciaries of trusts on US federal tax matters.
- Advises individuals on US tax consequences with the relinquishment of US citizenship or lawful permanent residency.
- Advises individuals, financial institutions and trust companies regarding US federal tax compliance, including FATCA and the IRS Voluntary Tax Disclosure and Streamlined filing programs.
- Panelist, “Asian Interest – Wealth Planning and Immigration,” AIJA International Association of Young Lawyers Half Year Conference, Hong Kong, May 2019.
- Author, "A Mid-Year US Tax Update," STEP Hong Kong, July 2018
- Co-Author, “Financial Services: The tipping balance – global tax transparency and privacy,” Data Guidance, June 2014.